Revision as of 19:40, 19 October 2011 by Gioto
There is a proposal to move the content from this portal to an application neutral genealogy wiki. Please see the discussion page.
Welcome to the Genealogy Research Portal.
- Genealogy - A basic explanation.
Good practices for genealogical research
- Genealogy basics - A good place to start.
- Portable Digital Records in the Familypedia website. Select names for your digital files which don't cause headaches later.
- Organize your records - A look at general organizing principles for genealogy records.
- Organize your files - A look at some different ways to organize your electronic files.
- Meaningful file names - Ideas for selecting names for your digital files which tell you something about the file or folder.
- Sources - Sources play a key role in genealogy. Read about how to use and manage them.
- Other genealogy software - programs to track your ancestry
- Other genealogy tools - tools to help you make a website, a genealogical tree, ...
- Resource and related sites
- Existing reports
- Storage of archives and documents management
- Improving picture quality: How-to on making pictures of documents more readable.