There is no registration required to read this wiki or download and install Gramps. You only need an account to edit this wiki.
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Set Privacy Tool allows you to manage privacy status of people, events and media.
Items marked as private can be hidden in Gramps e.g. in report generation or ignored e.g. when exporting the database.
Once this plugin has been installed:
- Select Menu Tools > Family Tree Processing -> Set Privacy Tool...
Undo history warning
Proceeding with this tool will erase the undo history for this session. In particular, you will not be able to revert the changes made by this tool or any changes made prior to it. If you think you may want to revert running this tool, please stop here and backup your database.
- From the Undo history warning dialogue you can choose Stop or Proceed with the tool.
- The Options tab is displayed with the following:
- Persons: If checked, all persons with a birth date in the given time range (Years) will be set private
- Events: If checked, all events with a date in the given time range (Years) will be set private
- Media: If checked, all media with a date in the given time range (Years) will be set private
- Always private if no date: Checkbox option, if checked all objects without a valid date will also be set private
- Years: The number of years back from today which should be considered as private
Once you have made your choices, you can either choose Close or Execute to apply the change.