Addon:Display relations and distances with the home person
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
You can only manually install this tool.
The Display relations and distances with the home person addon tool is a simple interface for Gramps Relationship Calculator.
It just sets a relation ID for mapping relations according to your locale and data (deep search).
An additional period entry (if exists) is linked to individuals as information.
Sorting function is available on all columns, as well as resizing (column, window).
Select Tools > Analysis and Exploration > Display relations and distances with the home person... from the menu.
Save and export
Select the Save button at the bottom of dialog to export the content after calculations via file generation to OpenDocument Spreadsheet (.ods) format.
Run via CLI and debug statements:
$ python3 Gramps.py -O 'example' -a tool -p name=relationtab -d "relation_tab"
- relationships_identifiers are set on number.py module
- ancestors numbering is based on sosa/kekule model
- descendants numbering is based on matrilineality kinship
- most recent ancestors are most recent mothers
RelID is an experimental analysis and exploration tool. Need some cleanup and a global orientation, feel free to modify it.
This addon is not available on Gramps builtin addons listing and can be installed manually from:
- On this addon, iteration with sqlite 3.8.2 database backend seems at least 30 % slower than iteration with bsddb 6.0.1.
- Average of maximum O.O1 second per person for 5 levels (generations) on modern CPUs.
- Simple counters are displayed when iteration is passing more than 100 items (useful for debug and if user wants to cancel a too large process)
Try to limit deep search (generations set on Preferences) for large table of people.
- step descendants may have a mistake on most recent mother number if they are direct descendants of the father.
- fix modal window
- Use gramps.plugins.lib.librecurse module or advanced lib like pypedal
Genesis and history
- How to find the relationship between people
- The Not Related report (reports Persons not directly or indirectly connected to the Tree branch of the Active Person)
- Genealogical Numbering Systems supported in Gramps
- The Relationship Calculator
- The Relationship to home person Display Preferences option for the Status bar
- Relation to Home Person quick view.
- The Deep Connections gramplet: If this third party addon is installed, it will list the intervening generations through the sibling offspring of a common ancestor. (But it does not list the common ancestor or whether both persons are connected through the same spouse.) The Gramplet also details the indirect relationships.
- Network Chart Web report: If this third party addon is installed, and you use the Highlight preferences tab show only path(s) set to "Direct" option to show a direct path between the two individuals selected and display only that path if available.
- Relationship path filters
- Kinship report