Writing a plugin
To get started writing a plugin, please see the following tutorials:
For more general GRAMPS development information, see:
Have you written a plugin for GRAMPS you want to share with the world? Here's how you do it:
- Add the correct license. GRAMPS is GPLv2, you use the GRAMPS plugin system, so make sure you have the correct license at the top of your file. See Howto: Contribute to GRAMPS
- Create a filename.tar.gz or filename.zip file of your plugin code
- Upload the code to this wiki
- Add an entry of your plugin to Plugins3.2. See Plugin list legend for meaning of columns. Please use these meanings and pay attention to details; this page is machine readable.
- Create a new wiki page, and refer to that page here, with a short description of what the plugin does
Internationalize it (3.2 and later)
This section describes a method of internationalizing your code for versions of Gramps 3.2 and later. The previous section describes a new method for Gramps 3.1 and earlier.
Please see Addons development for complete details.
Also, have a look at Coding for translation.
- We support right to left languages like Arabic, so never constructs text parts by concatenation of pieces. Always use full sentences/paragraphs with variable substitution, so that a right to left language can translate it correctly.