Web Solutions for Gramps
Wiki pages about creating web content using Gramps
Reports that build uploadable pages
- Web pages -> Ancestral Collapsible Tree... (D3 add-on)
- Web pages -> Ancestral Fan Chart... (D3 add-on)
- Web pages -> DenominoVisio... (add-on)
- Web pages -> Descendant Indented Tree... (D3 add-on)
- Web pages -> Dynamic Web Report...
- Web pages -> Heatmap... (add-on)
- Web pages -> Narrated Web Site...
- Web pages -> Network Chart... (add-on)
- Web pages -> Timeline Pedigree Report...
- Web pages -> Web Calendar...
External tools that leverage Gramps XML
- Betty - static site generator for Gramps XML and GEDCOM family trees by Bart Feenstra
- gramps_connect - Experimental web-based application for genealogy (2016)
- gPrime - an open source genealogy project built on top of JupyterLab and Gramps.
- web-api - A RESTful web API for Gramps. (initial release notification)
Export to an uploadable format with a web browser
- GEDCOM formats
- GeneWeb format - GenWeb is free, open source genealogy software written in OCaml by Daniel de Rauglaudre running on a lightweight webserver for Unix, Linux, Microsoft Windows and macOS platforms.
- Web Family Tree format - Web Family Tree genealogy freeware by Peter Moylan (OS/2 webserver based)
- gramps-online - A simple online version of Gramps.
- django-webapp - version of Gramps on the web (2015) Django based
- GEPS 13: Gramps Webapp
Data Scrapers poll web sources for importable data. They recognize structured data in one source and crosswalk it to the corresponding data structure in a destination. (The destination could be a file format... Like GEDCOM... or an application... like Gramps.)
- Tools > Family Tree Processing -> Import Geneanet data for Gramps...
- Tools -> Utilities -> Download media files from the internet...
Finding Aids do contextual lookups of structured data in a database in another system. Like might be looking up a person by given name, surname and years of birth/death; or by an archived reference ID.
- Web Connect Pack - person view website lookups via contextual popup menu
- DE (Deutsch) Web Connect Pack
- FR (French) Web Connect Pack
- NL (Netherlands) Web Connect Pack
- RU (Russian) Web Connect Pack
- UK (United Kingdom) Web Connect Pack
- US (United States) Web Connect Pack