My Name is Martin Weinelt, i am from Germany and translating the German part of this wiki.
there is no german translation of this wiki yet. If you are interested, please don't just make random german pages, but consider joining the team.
Please, read GRAMPS:Language_policy, and use my talk page to say if you are interested. It takes some work to start a translation, but there is not need to translate everything. bmcage 08:12, 12 June 2007 (EDT)
- Ok, I added german to the languages, you will see it appear everywhere. For the sidebar, see GRAMPS:Side_bar_translation, you should just post the strings on my user talk page or mail them. Please, let me know your real name to add it to GRAMPS:Language_policy in the list of translators. I think it a good idea that other people can contact you. And sorry about using your user page. Do join the user (and perhaps developers) mailing lists if you want to keep some involvement. It gives me more confidence to know translators see some mails concerning GRAMPS from time to time ;-)
- After this initial setup, most work can be expected when new versions are released, eg changing 2.2.8 to 2.2.9 on installation page.
- bmcage 13:40, 12 June 2007 (EDT)
redirect and translated categories
Please, have a look at Sources and how this in Dutch is translated to the page Nl:Bronnen by adding in Sources/nl a REDIRECT statement (view this page here: http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sources/nl&redirect=no ). Bron is Dutch for the German Quelle.
This allows titles to be in the language of the reader. Also, separate categories should be used:
- for English: Category:Sources
- for Dutch: Category:Nl:Bronnen which is then made a subcategory of the english category, for easy retrieval.
Working like this allows for a nicer translated wiki. You would have a page De:Quelle, and a category Category:De:Quelle, and no german would be seen by the english users in the main english category. bmcage 12:45, 14 June 2007 (EDT)
I did German sidebar. You forgot to mention 1 string: how to translate 'Community' Just set German in your preferences, and you will see it.