|(30 intermediate revisions by 7 users not shown)|
|−|Talk to me.. |+|
Great work== |+|
|−|Great work on the wiki (here & on wikipedia) . |+|
| || |
|−|For questions it is probably best you join the developer or user mailing list and ask, as most likley they will be missed in the change line summary. |+|
and , the .
| || |
|−|For the SoundEx issue, please go ahead and open a bug report. |+|
Daleathan| Daleathan]] 15:21, 24 October 2011 (MST) |+|
| || |
|−|==Offer of Help for the wiki== |+|
|−|Hi Romjerome, would you like some help with cleaning up the spam? [[User: Gioto| Gioto]] 01: 48, 20 November 2011 ( MST) |+|
|−|:Hi Gioto. |+|
Yes, any help is welcome. I saw that you and [[User: Daleathan| Daleathan]] already made some good things for the wiki. : ) |+|
higher rights, you need to contact [[User: Bmcage| Benny]] . |+|
[[User :|]]:, 20 ()
:[[User:|]]for . :
Using mediawiki subpages
The wiki currently uses them mostly for language translations, but as soon as I can get a full half day I'll be upgrading mediawiki and installing the MediaWiki_Language_Extension_Bundle and a few other goodies. Feel free to use subpages as you need, but don't use too many sublevels due language translation and user experience. Thanks Sam888 (talk) 03:32, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
- Ok will do, Thanks for looking after the wiki etc .. looking forward to the upgrade. Gioto (talk) 21:50, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
>> why do users even have to beg for a help button(s) , moving to issues section!)
Mainly because the Gramps project has been around for a long time (big ball of string comes to mind) and with volunteers they do what interest them only. Apart from that I can say that it looks to have been slowly improving with each release see the following issues 8888, 9042, 10919 the last one which has been closed (possibly accidentally as not all of it has been done!) and the associated issues. See https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=GEPS_034:_Improve_usability#Improve_Help_and_Documentations_in_Gramps also. GulliblePangolin (talk) 00:45, 20 May 2020 (UTC)
- Understood and thanks for the link, just a little frustrated, so much outdated stuff here! I'll keep chipping away at it at least from the wiki side. Gioto (talk) 02:09, 20 May 2020 (UTC)
I am awaiting for my PR for SyncAssociation OK dialog #461 be accepted by NickHall and then I will do the PR for the updated DNA gramplet.
The DNA update is a significant rewrite so I put the doc changes in my personal page rather than publish it. I dont know how to update my git with these DNA gramplet changes without conflicting with the submitted (not merged) SyncAssociation PR (this is the reason I canceled the previous PR as it included both SyncAssociation and DNA changes). I think you can access my new version at DNA. Feedback is encouraged from you or User:Matt or anyone else before I push it for review.
The input (Association name of DNA and format of segment data in Notes) was defined by NickHall in the initial experimental version and I am not changing this.
GaryGriffin (talk) 17:25, 20 Sep 2020 (PST)
- GaryGriffin: Thank you for sharing. Testing seems to work fine. Some notes and ideas:
- The loading speed might become a problem. For 8 associations it already takes ~3 seconds to load.
- Overlapping segments are hidden below others and currently unaccessible. A way to draw overlapping segments in seperate rows might be an interesting feature in future.
- Matt (talk) 10:47, 25 September 2020 (UTC)