Hello. I'm a software developer and try to fix some disturbing problems in Gramps. Unfortunately there's more to Free Software than meets the eye so patches often get relegated since I'm not an official developer. I'll post the links to my bug reports with patches here so that perhaps it can help someone. Additionally I'll post links to patches which make Gramps better for me but do not classify as bug fixes. Hopefully they'll make it better for you too. My position is not by any means backed by the official Gramps team. If you want to try these patches bear in mind they're "Third-party Patches". You might need to create an account in the bug tracker so you can download them which is not complicated. The patches are for Gramps 3.2 (current Trunk) but should apply with some fuzz to any problematic or recent version.
Note: many of the patches have eventually been accepted and applied to Gramps 3.2. I'm leaving them here anyway. Be sure to check whether your version of Gramps does not already offer the correspondent functionality.
- Fix for weird parentheses in the Descendant Report: http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=3255
- Fix for broken CSS files compromising HTML reports: http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=3259
- (report from Theo Tulley/patch from VPeric and lcc) Set different abbreviations for life events in the Descendant Report: http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=3071
- Fix for Descendant Report omission of last-level spouses: http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=3284
- Fix for "HtmlDoc module ignores title-style of reports": http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=3309
- Detailed Descendant Report – standard position for child-list descendant numbering (Gramps 3.2)
Gramps' Detailed Descendant Report is quite complete but there is a point in which it deviates from classic descendancy reports. The descendant numbers in the child list are put to the right of their name which makes it uneven. The patch in the link below fixes this putting child numbers at the far left as most descendant reports do.
- Detailed Descendant Report – option for d'Aboville numbering (Gramps 3.2)
- Detailed Descendant Report – "+" sign for children with succession (Gramps 3.2)
- Detailed Descendant Report – fallback for child-list birth/death strings (Gramps 3.2)