Gramps is a Free Software Project for Genealogy, offering a professional genealogy program, and a wiki open to all. It is a community project, created, developed and governed by genealogists.
- Installation: Install Gramps, the Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System right away. Gramps currently runs on Linux, MAC OS X, and Windows. Guides for installation on all three (plus BSD and Solaris) are available.
- Addons: Extend your installed Gramps with third-party plugins to add additional functions. Includes many additional Filters, Tools, Reports, Views, Web Pages, and Gramplets.
- Documentation: Read the User's Manual and reviews, discover the features of Gramps, learn by example or improve your Gramps knowledge with tutorials.
- Genealogy: Learn more about genealogy. What are the best sources, where to find information, how to store it, ...?
We provide the Genealogy
section for publishing and sharing the tips, tricks, and best genealogical practices.
Gramps 4.1.1 (The "MachineThatGoes...Ping!", maintenance release) released.
Gramps team releases version 4.1.1.
- 7842: Fix custom place types in the place editor
- Allow place type combobox to receive focus.
- Store custom place types in the metadata table
- 7904: Fix place type for places without a main location
- 7911: Fix bug adding parent places to a new place
- 7915: Prevent user creating a cycle in the place hierarchy
- 7846: Avoid infinite loop when place cycle encountered
- Prevent creation of a place cycle when merging
- 7856: Fix error when no place is selected
- Check that a place has been selected when saving.
- Use the standard place selection widget to be consistent.
- 7893: Add a new Top Level place through the Place Reference Editor
- 8011: Fix backlinks code in place report
- Backlinks for places can now also be places as well as events.
- 7931: Fix check and repair tool for empty placerefs
- 8015: Update location utilities to work with proxies
- 7839: Place report does not run
- 7902: Update place details gramplet
- Add Place name, type and alternative names.
- Locations are now displayed in a new separate gramplet.
- 7813: Add check for empty handle in gramplets
- 8122: Check DB lock on the recent opened trees list
- 8103: Sidebarfilter gramplet does not fit well into People, Events or Media views
- 8096: Fix new event default type considering existing events with *default* role
- 7868: Rebuild secondary indexes after database upgrade
- 8014: Importing gedcom files containing multibyte UTF-8 characters fails
- 7861: Ahnentafel Report did not use Christening Date if no Birth Date
- 7739: [Narweb:] Missing webpage for media under some circumstances
- 8033: Fix narrated web report with gendex option enabled
- Tweak to "default" CSS choice for the narrated web report
- 7882: Invalid link for Merge citation Help button
- 7883: Fix 'todo' gramplet
- 7837: Fix path when using drag & drop to add media
- 7836: Limit the number of generations displayed in the ancestor gramplet
- 7834: Export of a subset of the tree failed
- 7828: Fix issues in python3, and bytes-string mismatch with ICU
- 7258: Fix url/uri handling with non-ascii characters under linux and mac
- 8021: Fix name format on graphical reports
- 8012: Fix name format on textual reports
- 6934: Better GUI support for embeded custom attributes list on media object
- 8062: Better keys for search under linux shells (.desktop file)
- 8113: 'Unknown' person in detailed ancestor report can not be translated
- 7851: Translations don't show in many labels
- Ensure python text domain gets the right encoding.
- 7276: Translate some punctuation marks
- Various fixes around Geography and osmgpsmap
- Allow gramplets to be displayed in the dashboard only
- Update FSF address
- Add Arabic-script, Islamic-date, Thai script, Married Name and more dates examples
- Fix on czech date handler for calculated and estimated dates
- Enhance Serbian date handler to handle Cyrillic dates
- Simplify Canadian Ash Wednesday holiday
- Re-enable Esperanto support (for non-Windows OS only) after a large review
- New translation: Serbian
- Various fixes in German and Czech
- Updated translations: ar, cs, de, fi, fr, it, sv
See the Changelog.