Gramps is a Free Software Project for Genealogy, offering a professional genealogy program, and a wiki open to all. It is a community project, created, developed and governed by genealogists.
- Installation: Install Gramps, the Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System right away. Gramps currently runs on Linux, MAC OS X, and Windows. Guides for installation on all three (plus BSD and Solaris) are available.
- Addons: Extend your installed Gramps with third-party addons to add additional functions. Includes many additional Filters, Tools, Reports, Views, Web Pages, and Gramplets.
- Documentation: Read the User's Manual and reviews, discover the features of Gramps, learn by example or improve your Gramps knowledge with tutorials.
- Genealogy: Learn more about genealogy. What are the best sources, where to find information, how to store it, ...?
Gramps 4.2.3 released.
Gramps team releases version 4.2.3.
A maintenance release.
- 9363: Creation of the "graphic calendar report" failed
- Fix "TypeError: 'tuple' object does not support item assignment
- 9335: Fix experienced an unexpected error
- 9316: Unable to build narrated web site
- 9347: [NarrativeWeb report] Places index and Media index are incorrectly sorted
- 9345: Error when trying to create narrative report (residence event)
- 9315: Fix filter set by default on selector, 'Show all' button
- 9320: Detailed Ancestors Report has ? for locations when [private data is excluded]
- 8602: Age in the event family view column is wrong.
- 9278: Crash when dragging multiple media items to clipboard
- 9151: vCal Export File format invalid
- 9294: Error occurs for Complete Individual Report -- complete database
- 9297: Narrated Web Site Report: places page is no longer sorted alphabetically
- 8950: Narrative web: html elements emitted in different order
- 9163: Narrative web: "errno: 1, operation is not permitted" when creating archive.
- 9293: Narrative Web report further stops in error.
- 9242: multiple lines on firstname can corrupt ODT file
- fix gramps XML file via import or export
- 9006, 9111, 9274: fix scrolling in persons view after typing some letters
- 9207: Location on geography view could not convert string to float
- setup.py: make typeout more accurate
- 0743: Searching in people view when surnames are collapsed
- Fix error when changing database in new locations gramplets
- 9178: Error loading Participants add-on in French locale
- Restores setting the stdout encoding to sys.getdefaultencoding() for Python3
- Fix comment about getting the right encoding for stdout.
- 9159: Date format does not match system.
- Make US English a special-case locale, where en_GB is the default for english based locales
- Enhance the Locations gramplet
- New "Encloses" gramplet to the display places that the active place encloses
- 2060: Individuals with incomplete names, not updated when name completed
- 6873 : Children gramplet in Family view does not get updated when a birth/death events are added to a child
- 5417 : Non-image media objects don't appear in the main window gallery.
- 9136: Pressing tab stops at element in gui places
- 9094: Double-clicking on a source in the citation gramplet causes exception
- 9200: "Find text in record" filter crash
- 9153 : Fix vCard Export
- 7619 : Notes used in the "To Do" gramplet are found by the Remove Unused Objects tool
- 9191: Unable to select Unicode
- 9121, 9146, 9162: Cannot import gedcom generated by RootsMagic custom place details ignoring PlaceName()
- 9166: Fix people sorted by surname view
- 9122: Complete Report about person (whole database) - PDF - crash
- Update for travis
- Only consider the values of LC_ALL, LANG, and LANGUAGE, in that order, when choosing the default locale.
- New Icelandic date and relationships handlers
- Fix Finnish translation in keywords of desktop entry
- Update translations: cs, de, el, fi, fr, hu, is, it, ru, sl, sv, uk
See the Changelog.
Gramps 4.2.2 released.
Gramps team releases version 4.2.2.
A maintenance release.
- 9014: "Show all" checkbox of "Select Family" window not unchecked when the filter is cleared
- 8988: Name of user defined filter is not shown
- 8128: ErrorDialog and GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent
- 9028: 'Find' is broken when used in the Family selector
- Fix default selection in selectors
- 8888: comment currently-unused bogus wiki URL pointers
- 9057: fix counter for filtered entries and indentation on TreeBaseModel
- 9008 9055: Faulty headline in start up screen
- Check that gramplet is in notebook before setting tab label
- Fix creation of focus change events
- 9065: Interactivesearch gives "TypeError: unorderable types: str() < NoneType()"
- 9027: Put tag selection list in alphabetical order
- Remove redundant code
- 9079: Fix delete error in undoable entry widget
- Fix deprecation warning
- Re-enable selection in MultiTreeView on a grab_broken event
- Add validation to gender field
- 9155: Unhandled AttributeError when db.get_tag_from_handle returns None
- 9058: ReferencedBySelectionProxy can forget some referenced tags
- Remove encoding on stdout and stderr
- Handle citation objects in glocale.trans_objclass
- 9003: Locality data in address was not imported
- Don't check SSL certs when fetching addons
- Catch urlopen TypeError when context arg isn't supported
- Fix undefined variable error
- 8897 - Can not download new or updated add-ons
- 8556: ValueError: underlying buffer has been detached
- 9137: LaTeX backend crashes
- 9127: Geography: performance issue due to bad initialization and performance issue when selecting the events or places views.
- 8950: Narrated Web Site Report: html elements emitted in different order
- 7426: unused *_init.jpg are created in the narrated website
- 7322: Some media files are not exported to the NAVWEB report
- 8048: Narrative web report: add author to citations
- 8950: TypeError: unorderable types: EventRef() < EventRef(), events list and family list are differents between two reports
- 9650: permission denied: change mtime to origin instead of destination
- 5905: thumbnails html file missing in the narrative web
- 9016: Narrativeweb: Place title based on current date not that of the event
- 8946: Webcal: make the month name clickable in the year overview page
- 9040: 'Narrative' word not translatable
- 9073: 'Unknown' spouse uses an harcoded string name on Simple Descendants textual report
- 9041: Father/mother's age attributes are not translated on reports
- improve Russian date handler and unittests
- 9114: mars month instead of Marzec on Polish locale (Date Editor)
- Translations update: cs, de, fr, fi, nl, pl, ru, sv
Happy new year!
See the Changelog.