Gramps is a Free Software Project for Genealogy, offering a professional genealogy program, and a wiki open to all. It is a community project, created, developed and governed by genealogists.
- Installation: Install Gramps, the Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System right away. Gramps currently runs on Linux, MAC OS X, and Windows. Guides for installation on all three (plus BSD and Solaris) are available.
- Addons: Extend your installed Gramps with third-party addons to add additional functions. Includes many additional Filters, Tools, Reports, Views, Web Pages, and Gramplets.
- Documentation: Read the User's Manual and reviews, discover the features of Gramps, learn by example or improve your Gramps knowledge with tutorials.
- Genealogy: Learn more about genealogy. What are the best sources, where to find information, how to store it, ...?
Gramps 4.2.5 released.
Gramps team releases version 4.2.5.
A maintenance release.
- 9340: The configparser is assuming the wrong encoding
- 9563: Sorting in family tab of narrated web report
- 9801: Silence remaining PyGIWarning
- 9563: Sorting of relationships in family tab of narrated web report
- 9799: Use latest valid date rather than today
- 9813: Modify endonym handling in place displayer
- 9737: Fix house number concatenation
- 9818: Allow merging of families with one or more parents in common
- 7309: Jump to Gramps ID functionality doesn't work
- 9276: Ability to search alternate place names when selecting place
- 9815: Fix clear map action on Geography
- 8555: Database repair tool always edit all source objects
- 9812: Database repair tool ignored some objects with tag
- 9534: "Enclosing" gramplet includes places outside valid date ranges
- 9767: Fix icon and tooltip in LDS editor
- 9733: CSV import fails
- 9755: Fix duplicated Gramps IDs on Gedcom import
- 9685: Unexpected error Preferences > Dates > Markup for invalid date format
- 9458: Fix Import Vcard, can create multiple surnames with all selected as 'Primary'
- 8993: Fix Gedcom import in some alternate languages; improper date parsing
- 9736: Export options 'Preview' buttons create hidden quickreport
- 9721: Alignment radio buttons in the style editor do not work
- 9700: Select Place search & Source/Citation hierarchy should NOT be expanded
- Tweak improvement on Tag editor
- Support for Windows Python3 pythonw.exe
- 9739: Wrong parsing Numeric date format for cs_CZ locale
- 96939696: Fix Icelandic and German translations
- Fix Norwegian relationship calculator
- Update translations: cs, de, fi, fr, hu, is, nb, ru
See the Changelog.