Gramps is a Free Software Project for Genealogy, offering a professional genealogy program, and a wiki open to all. It is a community project, created, developed and governed by genealogists.
- Installation: Install Gramps, the Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System right away. Gramps currently runs on Linux, MAC OS X, and Windows. Guides for installation on all three (plus BSD and Solaris) are available.
- Addons: Extend your installed Gramps with third-party addons to add additional functions. Includes many additional Filters, Tools, Reports, Views, Web Pages, and Gramplets.
- Documentation: Read the User's Manual and reviews, discover the features of Gramps, learn by example or improve your Gramps knowledge with tutorials.
- Genealogy: Learn more about genealogy. What are the best sources, where to find information, how to store it, ...?
Gramps 5.0.0 released.
Gramps team releases version 5.0.0.
A new major release.
- 10646: Correct binary test logic for primary mask.
- 10634: Fix BaseSelector to avoid long delay before display on large trees.
- 10576: Export options > Gui alignment issue.
- 10585: Fix dialog button order on non-Mac systems.
- Update Debian directory after Gramps 5.0.0-rc1 release.
- 10620: Fix Custom filter update when created via sidebar.
- Fix Gramplet configure (View/Configure) for large options.
- 10626: Fix IndexError crash in Statistics Charts.
- 10619: [Mac] Change accel for Undo History. So that it doesn't conflict with a system binding for hiding the window.
- 10623: Fix Family Lines/Family Colors picker for bad transient parent.
- 10622: Fix import_as_dict to utilize user gramps_id prefixes.
- 10615: Fix error when opening bsddb db in read-only mode.
- 10613: Fix dbapi dbs for closeing read-only db crash.
- 10614: Fix menus when operating with read-only db.
- 10420: Fix Name formats to show all parts.
- 10607: Fix dialogs for crash when canceling via 'x'.
- Remove obsolete omeat-python-modules dependencies.
- Update translations: cs, da, de, en_GB, eo, fi, hu, is, it, nb, pt_BR, ru, sk, uk, vi
See the Changelog.