This is a Third-party plugin. Please treat this as "beta" software: use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author.
The Timeline Quickview shows:
- all of the events of a person's life
- birth events of parents
- all events of siblings
- family events from all parents
These events are sorted by date, and shows the age of the center person. In total, the columns shown for each event are:
- event description
- age of person
- event place
- name of people involved in event
You can activate the Timeline Quickview by right-clicking on a person's name in the People View, and selecting "Quick View", and "Timeline".
You can also use the Quickview as a Gramplet:
- select the Gramplet View
- right-click in an open area, and select "Add a gramplet"
- left-click on "Quick View Gramplet"
- detach the Quick View Gramplet
- Select "Options" at the top of the Gramplet
- Select View Type: "Person, and Quick Views: "Timeline", and press "Save"
- Close the Options
You can then change Gramps Views, and select different people, and the view will change automatically.
NOTE: you can do this for any Quickview.
Double-click a row in the Timeline Quickview to bring up a dialog showing the person or family associated with the event.
Note: some ages will appear as negative, as those occurred before the center person was born. Events with invalid dates will appear at the beginning of the list.
- Version History
- Version 1.0.1 refines what events show or not, and adds a final entry, for Today.
- Version 1.0.2 updates code to fix a missing import.
You can download this plugin by following the directions at Third-party Plugins.