The Timeline Quickview shows:
- all of the events of a person's life
- birth events of parents
- all events of siblings
- family events from all parents
These events are sorted by date, and shows the age of the center person. In total, the columns shown for each event are:
- event description
- age of person
- event place
- name of people involved in event
You can activate the Timeline Quickview by right-clicking on a person's name in the People View, and selecting "Quick View", and "Timeline". You can also use the Quickview Gramplet:
- select the Gramplet View
- right-click in an open area, and select "Add a gramplet"
- left-click on "Quick View Gramplet"
- detach the Quick View Gramplet
- Select "Options" at the top of the Gramplet
- Select View Type: "Person, and Quick Views: "Timeline", and press "Save"
- Close the Options
You can then change Gramps Views, and select different people, and the view will change automatically.
Double-click a row in the Timeline Quickview to bring up a dialog showing the person or family associated with the event.
Note: some ages will appear as negative, as those occurred before the center person was born. Events with invalid dates will appears first in the list.
You can download this plugin by following the directions at Third-party Plugins.