The Timeline Quickview shows:
- all of the events of a person's life
- birth events of parents
- all events of siblings
- family events from all parents
These events are sorted by date, and shows the age of the center person. In total, the columns shown for each event are:
- event description
- age of person
- event place
- name of people involved in event
You can activate the Timeline Quickview by right-clicking on a person's name in the People View, and selecting "Quick View", and "Timeline". You can also use the Quickview Gramplet:
- select the Gramplet View
- right-click in an open area, and select "Add a gramplet"
- left-click on "Quick View Gramplet"
- detach the Quick View Gramplet
- Select "Options" at the top of the Gramplet
- Select View Type: "Person, and Quick Views: "Timeline", and press "Save"
- Close the Options
You can then change Gramps Views, and select different people, and the view will change automatically.
Double-click a row in the Timeline Quickview to bring up a dialog showing the person or family associated with the event.
You can download this plugin by following the directions at Third-party Plugins.