This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
Please update or expand this section.
The Timeline Quickview shows:
- all of the events of a person's life
- birth events of parents
- all events of siblings
- family events from all parents
These events are sorted by date, and shows the age of the center person. In total, the columns shown for each event are:
- event description
- age of person
- event place
- name of people involved in event
You can activate the Timeline Quickview by right-clicking on a person's name in the People View, and selecting "Quick View", and "Timeline".
You can also use the Quickview as a Gramplet:
- select the Dashboard View
- right-click in an open area, and select "Add a gramplet"
- left-click on "Quick View" Gramplet
- Select "Configure the active view" icon from the toolbar
- Select the "Quick View" tab: from "View Type:" select "Person, and from "Quick Views:" select "Timeline", and press "Save"
- Close the Options
You can then change Gramps Views, and select different people, and the view will change automatically.
You can do this for any Quickview.
Right-clicking on a row in the Timeline Quickview brings up a dialog that allows you to choose between showing the person details associated with the event.
Some ages will appear as negative, as those occurred before the center person was born. Events with invalid dates will appear at the beginning of the list.
- Version 1.0.1 refines what events show or not, and adds a final entry, for Today.
- Version 1.0.2 updates code to fix a missing import.
- Version 1.0.21 Gramps 4.x