below the partero I see an inputfield an then 5 messages listed but I do not know how to get to them
Text only mentions hit <enter>
- Erik, that is all there is. You can type a short message and hit enter. We are limited by the poll plugin tool we use. bmcage 09:39, 4 April 2007 (EDT)
I add existing sub-categories on Category:Developers/General. Maybe wiki should add other "devel" pages/sub-categories on this pages for having an other index list (less texts, just hyperlinks) ...
I propose to:
- remove the categories from the Template:Developers/Intro box, as I have already noted in the discussion of the template.
- Done bmcage 05:50, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
- remove the Poll. It is enough on the Portal:Community page, or it might get a place on the main page too. Developers of the software are not necessarily developers of the site as well.
- Community does not get so much trafic as it is a static page. Main page is no option as the poll cannot be translated. The old site had poll on the main page, I would vote to leave it here. bmcage 05:50, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
- move the Template:Developers/Categories box on the bottom of the page, under all other boxes, in a separate row.
(Zfoldvari 16:07, 20 September 2007 (EDT))
- If I remove the Poll yes, otherwise I personally like to have them on the screen when it opens. I tend to navigate to the categories. Somebody added the bottom three boxes without links. Furthermore they are not well aligned.... What to do with them? Changed the layout a bit, revert if not ok or feel free to move poll further down. bmcage 05:50, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
- So where do the users go most often? My argument is that there could be a few hundreds of users (271 registerred), of which only 5-10 are developers.
- I don't think either that the empty boxes make any sense. Also agree that alignment should be improved. I thought this: if instead of the templates the table cells were defined with border, all the rows would have the same height. What do you think? (Zfoldvari 13:48, 21 September 2007 (EDT))
- Feel free to try. This html style table placement really isn't my forte. We can always roll back in case of problems. The best is probably to lift the poll out of the page indeed, and direct people to the poll page more prominently if we find poll important. bmcage 16:08, 21 September 2007 (EDT)