Your Portal to information on Gramps
Gramps helps you track your family tree. It allows you to store, edit, and research genealogical data with your computer. Gramps attempts to provide all of the common capabilities of other genealogical programs, but, more importantly, to provide an additional capability of integration not common to these programs. This is the ability to input any bits and pieces of information directly into Gramps and rearrange/manipulate any/all data events in the entire data base (in any order or sequence) to assist the user in doing research, analysis and correlation with the potential of filling relationship gaps.
About | User's Manual | Features | Screenshots | Examples of reports | Reviews | Installation | Support | FAQ
is an open source genealogical software program. It requires the help of its users to make manuals and tutorials. Fortunately, many users have contributed to the project, by adding tips, tutorials, user guides and examples to this wiki. Your continued involvement to this wiki is required to allow new users to quickly understand Gramps, and find answers to their usability questions.
- If there is a particular point that you feel should be documented (or where the existing documentation should be improved) then please look at How you can help. Perhaps you can write a tutorial on a specific aspect, or improve this wiki, or help with the User Manual.
- If you want to help with coding, see the Developers Portal, where you find tutorials to create your own reports.
- Installation See the main Installation page link in the sidebar.
- Support Gramps is a complex product that is developed entirely by volunteer effort.
- Contacting us Reporting bugs, requesting enhancements, the mailing lists, IRC and the Gramps Forum.
- I still can't find what I'm looking for...
- If you have any questions on Gramps that are not solved by searching this wiki, then the Mailing Lists are a good place to find help. Search the archives of the gramps-users mailing list first, and if you cannot find the answer, send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here comes a portal on how to use gramps in practice, with where to find manuals, use-cases, examples, problem solving, support.
At the moment, see Category:Documentation.
This page is a stub. Please help keep Gramps Wiki a useful resource by developing this page.