Difference between revisions of "Portal:Developers"
(make portal design)
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
Revision as of 14:26, 4 March 2007
Gramps is programmed in the language Python.
If you are an adventurous user, have some technical experience, or have a programming background, you might like to try Getting started with Gramps master.
You might want to start with obtaining the source code or have a look at Getting started with Gramps development. Once you have the code, writing a report or a quick report is a great way to learn to navigate through the codebase; see also Addons development. After getting familiar with Gramps, you might want to help work on a proposal, or make a proposal yourself you want to spend time on. Both can be done at the Proposals Portal, in collaboration with the bug/feature tracker.
- Bug triage
- Debugging Gramps
- Developer policies
- Getting started with Gramps development
- Gramps-devel mailing list
- Official committing policies
- Process for creating a Gramps source package
- Project License
- Programming guidelines
- Git tutorial - used for Gramps and addons development. (for Gramps 4.2 and newer)
- Subversion (SVN) tutorial - used for addons development (for Gramps 4.1 and older)
- Translation tutorial
- UI style guidelines
- Using database API
- Using the bug tracker
- What to do for a new Gramps release
- Python 3 String I/O
- Python, Gtk3 tutorial
- Gramps Code Documentation and simple UML (svg).
The plugin system: Reports and Tools
- UnsupportedPlugins — Tools written by users but not supported by GRAMPS developers.