|(25 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)|
div id="mainpage"></div> |+|
<- to edit , see [[:]] -
|−|== Welcome to the GRAMPS Project == |+|
|−|GRAMPS is a genealogy program for Linux and other UNIX- like systems. The GRAMPS name stands for Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System. |+|
|−|GRAMPS helps you track your family tree. It allows you to store, edit, and research genealogical data. GRAMPS attempts to provide all of the common capabilities of other genealogical programs, but, more importantly, to provide an additional capability of integration not common to these programs. This is the ability to input any bits and pieces of information directly into GRAMPS and rearrange/manipulate any/all data events in the entire data base (in any order or sequence) to assist the user in doing research, analysis and correlation with the potential of filling relationship gaps. |+|
|−|GRAMPS currently runs on Linux, BSD, and Solaris. Some experiments are being made running it on Windows. For more information about getting GRAMPS, see the download page. |+|
|−|<big>'''MediaWiki has been successfully installed.'''</big> |+|
|−|Consult the [ http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents User's Guide] for information on using the wiki software. |+|
|−|== Getting started == |+|
|−|* [ http: //www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Configuration_settings Configuration settings list] |+|
|−|* [http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:FAQ MediaWiki FAQ] |+|
|−|* [http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki- announce MediaWiki release mailing list] |+|
- This wiki currently has 1,518 contents pages.
- Have you found a bug in Gramps? Please report it
- Are you interested in the thoughts of the core Gramps developers? Then read the blog.
- A community portal is available for everything related to the Gramps project, as well as a poll.
- If you want to learn how to contribute to this wiki, you can learn all about it on the Wiki help.
- If any questions remain, do not hesitate to contact us.
Gramps 4.0.3 (The "It's tomorrow, ask me now" bug fix) released.
Gramps team releases version 4.0.3.
- Fix copy via context menu on Views into Charts Category / 7399
- Fix Tab sequence in Name Editor / 6868
- Fix citations gramplet into media view / 7232
- Fix unhandled exception when inspecting media / 7348
- Fix Citation sidebar filter for python3 / 7370
- Fix add link to a "Html code" note / 7357
- Fix message on backup dialog / 6690
- Fix space for selection lists / 7331 7409
- Fix spell with myspell and LANG / 7339
- Fix changes root cursor to hand / 7336
- Recent file parser now gives the file location / 7327
- Fix vertical overflows on check and repair-tool dialog / 7316
- Fix custom key/value (data item) on Database difference report / 7209
- Fix unhandled exception in media exif information under Windows OS / 7182
- Fix person selector in searchfilter under Windows OS/ 7179
- Starting Gramps without console is now possible under Windows OS/ 7378
- Specific OS handling / 7313
- Common fixes and changes with 3.4.7.
- Updated translations: ca, de, fi, fr, ru
See the Changelog for more details.
Gramps 3.4.7 (The "Ask me tomorrow, but not today" bug fix) released.
Gramps team releases version 3.4.7.
- Add new filter rule matching citations having a source with a <text> on a note / 7183
- Add primary role option to event filter / 6519
- Add Groups support and reduce number of lines in Event types selector / 7342
- Add 'Last Change' column on selectors, when missing / 5024
- Fix a filter rule on citation sidebar (Source:Note) / 7183
- Fix url in Welcome gramplet when detached / 7388
- Fix bug in associations filter / 5123
- Better support for objects having citations as subobjects / 7157
- Check Tag handling on people views / 7075
- Keep at least one column on views / 7361
- Reorder tool now updates citation IDs / 5775
- Performance improvement in ancestor filter / 7340
- Better support on GEDCOM file format for tags like family _UID, add support for _FSFTID, by Enno Borgsteede / 6380
- Reduce number of columns in LDS temple selector / 7333
- Fix menu action for last recently opened family trees / 7327
- Fix minor visual issue on Merge Person dialog / 7147, 7001
- Use 'Bat Mitzvah' (en_US event name) / 6921
- "Add citation" missing in pop-up menu / 7300
- Improvements on image region handling / 7290
- Some fixes on images for ODF file format, thanks to Matthias Basler for the initial patch / 7288
- Fix HTML spacing on GraphViz output / 7256
- Various fixes related to bookmark handling in navigation views / 7229 , 7240
- Invalid dates (like 2013-02-30) no longer crash the date editor or file import / 7212
- Enhancement on date validation into Date Editor / 7198, 7212 , 7317
- Various fixes on date handling / 7197
- Consistent GUI confirmation during bulk deletions / 7086
- Multiple maintainability and usability improvements.
- Better documentation for name / 6955
- Update holidays for France / 7151
- Translation update: de, fr, ru
See the Changelog for more details.