|(25 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)|
div id="mainpage"></div> |+|
<- to edit , see [[:]] -
|−|== Welcome to the GRAMPS Project == |+|
|−|GRAMPS is a genealogy program for Linux and other UNIX- like systems. The GRAMPS name stands for Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System. |+|
|−|GRAMPS helps you track your family tree. It allows you to store, edit, and research genealogical data. GRAMPS attempts to provide all of the common capabilities of other genealogical programs, but, more importantly, to provide an additional capability of integration not common to these programs. This is the ability to input any bits and pieces of information directly into GRAMPS and rearrange/manipulate any/all data events in the entire data base (in any order or sequence) to assist the user in doing research, analysis and correlation with the potential of filling relationship gaps. |+|
|−|GRAMPS currently runs on Linux, BSD, and Solaris. Some experiments are being made running it on Windows. For more information about getting GRAMPS, see the download page. |+|
|−|<big>'''MediaWiki has been successfully installed.'''</big> |+|
|−|Consult the [ http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents User's Guide] for information on using the wiki software. |+|
|−|== Getting started == |+|
|−|* [ http: //www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Configuration_settings Configuration settings list] |+|
|−|* [http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:FAQ MediaWiki FAQ] |+|
|−|* [http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki- announce MediaWiki release mailing list] |+|
- This wiki currently has 1,875 contents pages.
- Have you found a bug in Gramps? Please report it
- Are you interested in the thoughts of the core Gramps developers? Then read the blog.
- A community portal is available for everything related to the Gramps project, as well as a poll.
- If you want to learn how to contribute to this wiki, you can learn all about it on the Wiki help.
- If any questions remain, do not hesitate to contact us.
Gramps 4.2.0 released.
Gramps team releases version 4.2.0.
A new major release.
- New date and language fields on place name
- Review on GtkBuilder, fix some Gtk3 warnings and move from deprecated methods
- Change icons and buttons handling methods
- Enhanced Place Editor and new Place Name editor
- New widget: use own interactive-search
- Ability to import kml data into Geography views
- Enhancement for removing multiple selected items from Views (action group)
- Add drag support on more Views, Selectors and Editors
- Add right-click "Copy all" to ListModel and all QuickTables
- Review Alternate Place handling and edition
- New 'Place' configuration keys set by user (settings)
- New filter rule: is enclosed by
- Consistency on Privacy option for reports
- Consistency on "Name-format" options for reports
- Add DeferredFilter class (a subclass of GenericFilter)
- New textual Report: Links on Notes
- Fix alphabetic index and toc bug in books
- Enhancements on Style Editor
- Enhancements on End Notes into textual reports
- Changes on Individuals complete textual report
- Changes on Ancestors Tree draw report: Include Siblings
- Add name-format option, and deferred translation on Records report
- Add deferred translation on Timeline draw report
- Enable attributes gramplet on Source and Citation Views
- New place locations gramplet
- Optimizations around index, Flat and TreeView models
- Enhanced samples files
- All importers return now an ImportInfo object
- Experimental gwplus (geneweb) import file format support
- Remove experimental HTML renderer view
- New test scripts
- New Date handler for Japanese
- Review on Slovenian and Czech Date Handlers
- Implement both "traditional" and "simplfied" Chinese (translations and dates)
- Serbian review
See the Changelog.
Gramps 4.1.3 (The "Thou shalt not count to five", maintenance release) released.
Gramps team releases version 4.1.3.
- 8483: Fix db upgrade failure
- 8128: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent
- 1360: [Gedcom} SUBN and SUBM record handling
- 2370: [Gedcom] Import/export round trip causes lost information
- 4412: [Gedcom] Entering a witness to an event such as marriage might be ignored
- 8355: [Gedcom] Gramps can't import estim. date period exported by itself
- 3082: [Gedcom] 1/4 and 1/2 ANSEL characters not supported on importing ANSEL
- 8014: [Gedcom] Importing file containing multibyte UTF-8 characters fails
- 8279: [Gedcom] Import fails for ANSI file under python 3
- 7134: [Gedcom] Failure importing ANSEL encoded gedcom file.
- 4439: [Gedcom] Characters ignored on a Gedcom encoded ANSI (cp1252 West Europe, USA)
- 8401: [Gedcom] NameError in importer
- 8322: [Gedcom] Event address is lost on import, i.e. disconnected from event
- 8225 8311: Crash on geneweb export with python3
- 8468: GuiColorOption missing avail-changed event handler
- 7742: Bad generation of [timeline report] ODT files since 4.0.0
- 8233: Fix bad handle in explanation note for unknown event
- Fix spurious generation of empty 'Alternative Name' in place.merge()
- 7155: Support creating directories in various scenarios
- 8450: Attempting to add a bookmark causes an error.
- 7992: Long series of "unhandled exception" popup boxes while doing a check & repair
- 8435: Crash when trying to link existing place as an enclosing place using P0001 number
- 8023: HTML view fails to load
- 8430: Relationship Graph crashes
- 8423: Python3 needs new_subpixbuf not subpixbuf
- 7824: Regression: running gramps from crontab fails
- 8380: tag_map is not initialized
- 8103: Some labels now fit better on citations sidebar filter
- 8213: Event columns in web narrative are too narrow
- 8473: Problem by start program (launcher)
- 8456: Translation string missing in Not Related tool for help and close button
- 8477: Date format month/year is not well reported at editing time [in Italian]
- 8451: Fix unknown gender relationships handler for the french locale
- Fix a handle type bug on sidebar filter
- Tidy up About dialog - 8408 better design
- Cleanup on some man files
- Convert some remaining unicode literals
- Fix mac menubar setting
- Enable python3 to run po/update_po.py
- Updated translations: cs, de, fr, is, nl
See the Changelog.