|(26 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)|
|−|== Welcome to the GRAMPS Project == |+|
- to edit , see [[:]] -
|−|GRAMPS is a genealogy program for Linux and other UNIX- like systems. The GRAMPS name stands for Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System. |+|
|−|GRAMPS helps you track your family tree. It allows you to store, edit, and research genealogical data. GRAMPS attempts to provide all of the common capabilities of other genealogical programs, but, more importantly, to provide an additional capability of integration not common to these programs. This is the ability to input any bits and pieces of information directly into GRAMPS and rearrange/manipulate any/all data events in the entire data base (in any order or sequence) to assist the user in doing research, analysis and correlation with the potential of filling relationship gaps. |+|
|−|GRAMPS currently runs on Linux, BSD, and Solaris. Some experiments are being made running it on Windows. For more information about getting GRAMPS, see the download page. |+|
|−|<big>'''MediaWiki has been successfully installed.'''</big> |+|
|−|Consult the [ http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents User's Guide] for information on using the wiki software. |+|
|−|== Getting started == |+|
|−|* [ http: //www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Configuration_settings Configuration settings list] |+|
|−|* [http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:FAQ MediaWiki FAQ] |+|
|−|* [http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki- announce MediaWiki release mailing list] |+|
- This wiki currently has 1,840 contents pages.
- Have you found a bug in Gramps? Please report it
- Are you interested in the thoughts of the core Gramps developers? Then read the blog.
- A community portal is available for everything related to the Gramps project, as well as a poll.
- If you want to learn how to contribute to this wiki, you can learn all about it on the Wiki help.
- If any questions remain, do not hesitate to contact us.
Gramps 4.2.5 released.
Gramps team releases version 4.2.5.
A maintenance release.
- 9340: The configparser is assuming the wrong encoding
- 9563: Sorting in family tab of narrated web report
- 9801: Silence remaining PyGIWarning
- 9563: Sorting of relationships in family tab of narrated web report
- 9799: Use latest valid date rather than today
- 9813: Modify endonym handling in place displayer
- 9737: Fix house number concatenation
- 9818: Allow merging of families with one or more parents in common
- 7309: Jump to Gramps ID functionality doesn't work
- 9276: Ability to search alternate place names when selecting place
- 9815: Fix clear map action on Geography
- 8555: Database repair tool always edit all source objects
- 9812: Database repair tool ignored some objects with tag
- 9534: "Enclosing" gramplet includes places outside valid date ranges
- 9767: Fix icon and tooltip in LDS editor
- 9733: CSV import fails
- 9755: Fix duplicated Gramps IDs on Gedcom import
- 9685: Unexpected error Preferences > Dates > Markup for invalid date format
- 9458: Fix Import Vcard, can create multiple surnames with all selected as 'Primary'
- 8993: Fix Gedcom import in some alternate languages; improper date parsing
- 9736: Export options 'Preview' buttons create hidden quickreport
- 9721: Alignment radio buttons in the style editor do not work
- 9700: Select Place search & Source/Citation hierarchy should NOT be expanded
- Tweak improvement on Tag editor
- Support for Windows Python3 pythonw.exe
- 9739: Wrong parsing Numeric date format for cs_CZ locale
- 96939696: Fix Icelandic and German translations
- Fix Norwegian relationship calculator
- Update translations: cs, de, fi, fr, hu, is, nb, ru
See the Changelog.