GRAMPS and some Gtk versions
- Some Gtk versions seem not to properly refresh the GUI (need to use the mouse cursor), see bug 4863.
- Some Gtk versions have a refresh issue on Citation TreeView (3.4.x) after an edition, see bug 5688.
- Incremental search and synchronization with typed letters, see bug 1450.
- New row/line on Census gramplet (addon), see bug 5688.
GRAMPS freezes and crashes with ATK / GNOME Assistive Technologies enabled
There have been multiple reports of long freezes and crashes of GRAMPS when refreshing the people or place tree view, e.g. after editing a person or changing the Name Display Format. They are related to the use of GNOME Assistive Technologies (ATK/GAIL). If you experience similar problems try going into System -> Preferences -> Assistive Technologies, unchecking Enable assistive technologies and logging out and in again.
- GRAMPS bug 3069: GtkTreeView is very slow / crashes with Assistive Technologies / ATK / a11y enabled
- GNOME Bug 577098 - GtkTreeView (lists, Nautilus) is very slow with Assistive Technologies enabled (at-spi), Status: UNCONFIRMED
- GNOME Bug 571596 - GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge slows down incredibly TreeStore in pygtk , Status: RESOLVED / DUPLICATE of 577098
- GNOME Bug 587020 - GtkTreeView crawls with a11y enabled, Status: RESOLVED / Resolution: DUPLICATE of 577098
GRAMPS runs out of locks
With a large database, GRAMPS can "run out of available locks". See bug report below.
- GRAMPS bugs 2686: crashed importing d03 stress test database, and workarounds
Gramps and AttributeError
This message is often related to your data into your FamilyTree. See AttributeError
GRAMPS cannot import media with non-ASCII characters on filename
If Python returns a codec/UTF8 warning and this file was pasted from an external support (CD, HD, USB key), maybe filename has been corrupted ! It seems correct on screen but not on command line. Your OS was not able to properly set the encoding used on your external support.
The [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_Specials#Replacement_character replacement character will be often a "�" (black diamond with a white question mark)]. You can try to fix the filename by setting the correct character. Now you will be able to import this file into Gramps !
GRAMPS cannot set date greater than 21