Difference between revisions of "Known issues"
m (Category:Developers/Quality Assurance)
|Line 82:||Line 82:|
Revision as of 04:09, 22 January 2013
- 1 Gramps and some Gtk versions
- 2 Gramps freezes and crashes with ATK / GNOME / GAIL Assistive Technologies enabled
- 3 Gramps runs out of locks
- 4 Gramps and AttributeError
- 5 Gramps cannot import media with non-ASCII characters on filename
- 6 Gramps cannot display some characters into reports
- 7 Gramps cannot set date greater than 21
Gramps and some Gtk versions
- Some Gtk versions seem not to properly refresh the GUI (need to use the mouse cursor), see bug 4863.
- Some Gtk versions have a refresh issue on Citation TreeView (3.4.x) after an edition, see bug 5688.
- Incremental search and synchronization with typed letters, see bug 1450.
- New row/line on Census gramplet (addon), see bug 5688.
Gramps freezes and crashes with ATK / GNOME / GAIL Assistive Technologies enabled
There have been multiple reports of long freezes and crashes of Gramps when refreshing the people or place tree view, e.g. after editing a person or changing the Name Display Format. They are related to the use of GNOME Assistive Technologies (ATK/GAIL).
- Gnome 2.x
If you experience similar problems try going into System -> Preferences -> Assistive Technologies, unchecking Enable assistive technologies.
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
If you experience similar problems try going into System Settings -> Keyboard -> Universal Access, Disable all assistive technologies.
Then logging out and in again.
You can also try this into a console:
$ sudo gedit /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory/%gconf-tree.xml
sudo gedit /var/lib/gconf/./%gconf-tree.xml
$ sudo gedit /etc/gdm3/greeter.gconf-defaults
$ sudo gedit .gconf/desktop/gnome/accessibility/keyboard/%gconf.xml
Locate this part:
<dir name="accessibility"> <dir name="keyboard"> <entry name="enable" ... type="bool" value="true"/> </dir>
and set enable to false.
- Gramps bug 3069: GtkTreeView is very slow / crashes with Assistive Technologies / ATK / a11y enabled
- GNOME Bug 577098 - GtkTreeView (lists, Nautilus) is very slow with Assistive Technologies enabled (at-spi), Status: UNCONFIRMED
- GNOME Bug 571596 - GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge slows down incredibly TreeStore in pygtk , Status: RESOLVED / DUPLICATE of 577098
- GNOME Bug 587020 - GtkTreeView crawls with a11y enabled, Status: RESOLVED / Resolution: DUPLICATE of 577098
Gramps runs out of locks
With a large database, Gramps can "run out of available locks". For 140.000 people you should use: max_locks 300000 and max_objects 300000
The easiest way to do this is to create an empty database the add a file DB_CONFIG to the database directory before importing (see gramps -l output for the directory of a specific family tree. Contents of this DB_CONFIG file should be:
#may want to fiddle with cachesize also #set_cachesize 0 200000000 2 set_lk_max_locks 300000 set_lk_max_objects 300000
See bug report below.
- Gramps bugs 2686: crashed importing d03 stress test database, and workarounds
Gramps and AttributeError
This message is often related to your data into your FamilyTree. See AttributeError
Gramps cannot import media with non-ASCII characters on filename
If Python returns a codec/UTF8 warning and this file was pasted from an external support (CD, HD, USB key), maybe filename has been corrupted ! It seems correct on screen but not on command line. Your OS was not able to properly set the encoding used on your external support.
The [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_Specials#Replacement_character replacement character will be often a "�" (black diamond with a white question mark)]. You can try to fix the filename by setting the correct character. Now you will be able to import this file into Gramps !
Gramps cannot display some characters into reports
RTF (C style escape), Postscript (latin1), LaTex (latin1) file formats on output are not designed for an unicode support. It is possible to get a strange non-ASCII character handling by using these formats. It could be very specific, because it has been tested and improved since many versions, but possible.
Gramps cannot set date greater than 21