Revision as of 23:24, 27 October 2011 by Daleathan (? does it work in gramps 3.3?)
- NB: The InformationGraph plugin only works with GRAMPS 3.2, currently (2009-08-21) only available from Subversion
InformationGraph is a report plugin to generate detailed GraphViz graphs of a database. It is intended to allow effectiving dumping of a database or select parts of the database, onto dead wood.
- Dump as much information as possible for each person and event into the node:
- Date and place of birth
- Date and cause of death
- All other events (Residences, Graduations, etc)
- Date and place of marriage
- Possibly references to sources of information
- Changing the date stringification to print a more human-friendly date. Eg, "16th December, 1842"; "June quarter, 1912"; "about 1875"
- Include edges for non-primary event participants, eg, Witness, Minister, etc.
- Add labels for non-standard child relationship edges, or modify style in some way to indicate different types, eg, Adopted, Step child, etc.
- Use a method similar to the FamilyLines plugin to specify a list of people to start spidering over the database from. Also include a list of people not to spider beyond. This will allow dumps of one side of a family tree.
Features to be implemented
- Include a legend for edge and node types
- Have the ability to store profiles of spider settings. Eg, "Mum's family", "Dad's family", "Everyone".