This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Import Gramplet allows you to paste the content of selected file formats and import directly into Gramps without having data in a file.
- Gramps XML (Not available for Gramps 4.2 version has reported issue 6752 for this format)
- CSV (spreadsheet input)
- VCard files
From the Dashboard use the context menu (right-click) to add the Import Gramplet.
Import CSV (spreadsheet input)
To import a CSV you could:
- Create a new Family Tree to test the following.
- Add the Import Gramplet to your Dashboard.
- Copy the contents of the CSV example from User manual
- Paste the contents directly into the text input area of the Gramplet.
- Then select the Import button only once unless you want the same information imported multiple times.
- Then empty the text input area by selecting the Clear button.
- View the imported results in Gramps
- If you want to reverse the imported result because you made a mistake or pressed the the Import button multiple times you can select Edit > Undo CSV import from the Gramps menu as many times as you need.