How do I add 'Cemeteries in Norway' entries as a source
In Norway there is a site called Cemeteries in Norway, which lists most cemeteries with information about: Birth, death and burial. Some do even have a picture of the headstone attached. The search interface on the site let's you search the whole country, or to narrow it down by different counties and or municipalities.
This How do I... article is a suggestion to how to best document your usage of this site.
Adding Cemeteries in Norway as a RepositoryCemeteries in Norway as a repository by adding the following information:
Name: Cemeteries in Norway Type: Web site
- Web home: Path: http://www.disnorge.no/gravminner/ 'Home page' - E-mail: Path: firstname.lastname@example.org 'Contact address'
See also the screen-shot on how this might be done
Adding a search result as a Source
I've now done a search for Last name that starts with Grav and First name starts with jul. I've now got a hit for Julius Gravås which is a relative of mine. I now click on the Correction link to get more information. And here is all the information I need:
I use Registrator as the Author, and the Om registreringen as the Publication information.
If I find a picture of the head stone, I add that as part of the source's gallery. Adding an image should requires a source so you should add yourself as a source.
Using the Source on a piece of information
- Date: Here I use the Registrering ferdig as the date. In this case it would be 2007-03-00
- Volume/Page: Does not apply
- Confidence: 'Very high', as this is the 'definitive' source for this information.
- I usually attach a note saying what I used this source for.
Now you should have a complete entry for a Cemeteries in Norway source. There is a possible to enter this information in other orders if you like, I've chosen the one that was easiest to explain.