There are three reports in this group of reports. All sample reports that are shown are ran off of the example data and I07 Smith, Gustaf Sr. as the center person/family.
The updates of these three reports nearly match each other. They are:
This report contains extensions to the current Ancestor report that is available. The updates are:
- Able to print the entire tree (prints blank boxes where missing ancestors are)
- can print spouses of the center person
- two separate displays, and a display for marriage information (in a separate box).
- You can choose the display that Fathers, Mothers, the Center person and his/her spouses use
Personal Descendant Report
This report is an extension to the current Descendant Report that is available. The updates are:
- Able to start with the selected persons parents first
- This will also show all siblings of the selected person
- level of spouses that you wish to see
- 0 - Do not show spouses
- 1 - Show spouses of the direct descendants
- 2 - Show spouses of those spouses
- 3 - etc
- able to compress the tree
- two separate displays (one for direct descendants and the other for spouses), and a display for marriage information (in a separate box).
- able to bold direct descendants
- able to not print (remove) blank lines
- and able to replace text within the report.
the Sample Personal Descendant chart that is shows was ran with the 'start with the selected persons parents first' option. Without this option the left column (Gustaf's parents) will not be there and Gustaf's two siblings (Magnes and Emil) on the next column will not print.
Familial Descendant Report
This report is an extension to the Personal Descendant Report in that it is ran off of a family. As such it can have two sets of grandparents.
In the example given (picture to the right), Mom (shown with the bottom arrow) does not have any parents in the database. If she did, they would be displayed to the left of her and all brothers and sisters would be below her.
The Sample Familial Descendant chart that is shows was ran with the 'start with the selected persons parents first' option. If Gustaf's wife had parents within the database, they would be shown to the right of her, and any siblings would be displayed below her.
All of these three reports share the following tabs (and almost features):
- The Tree Options tab contains the main options on how many columns of people will be shown
- The Display tab shows the main display that will be used
- The Secondary [display] tab shows secondary display that can/will be used
- The same print features
- The option to include a personalized Note to the report.
The Replace tab
- Note that this tab is only available in the Descendant reports.
Since all of the columns are the same width, the single longest line within the report dictates the entire width of the report. As such, I have added this feature to help replace long lines with something smaller. Examples of use are:
Heard Island and McDonald Islands/HMD
Democratic People's Republic of Korea/PRK
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands/SGS
The Democratic Republic of Congo/COD
United States of America/USA
This also works great on removing/abbreviating long town, county, or state names.
The Notes tab
This tab helps you to display a personalized note somewhere on the report. The options are whether to print a note, what to print, and where to print in (corners only at this time).