What is GraphView
GraphView is a view plugin that presents a navigable descendant tree using the current active person as a starting point. Clicking another person in the family tree will make that person the active person and will redraw the family tree based on them.
- The active person is highlighted
- Clicking a person will redraw the family tree based on that person
- Clicking the active person will show the parent family of the active person, thereby allowing previous generations to be shown
- The view can be panned by using mouse click and drag. Select the background of the tree and drag the mouse to pan the view
- The view can be zoomed using a slider
- A right mouse click on a person or family node shows the person or family editor as appropriate
- The view redraws in response to changes made to a person or family. Right click a family to add or delete a spouse or child.
The GraphView plugin can be installed by downloading GraphView.addon.tgz and extracting the contents of the file to your Gramps .plugins directory. Graphview also requires the following to be installed:
- Graphviz. If you can run the Gramps Graph reports then you already have this installed.
All of these should be available in common Linux distributions. For example, Debian packages Goocanvas/PyGoocanvas as libgoocanvas3 and python-pygoocanvas.