What is GraphView
GraphView is a new view plugin that presents a navigable descendant tree using the current active person as a starting point. Clicking another person in the tree will make that person the active person and will redraw the tree based on them.
- The active person is highlighted
- Clicking a person will redraw the tree based on that person
- Clicking the active person will show the parent family of the active person, thereby allowing previous generations to be shown
- The view can be panned by using mouse click and drag. Select the background of the tree and drag the mouse to pan the view
- The view can be zoomed using a slider
The GraphView plugin can be installed by downloading GraphView.addon.tgz and extracting the contents of the file to your Gramps .plugins directory. Graphview also requires the following to be installed:
- Graphviz. If you can run the Gramps Graph reports then you already have this installed.
All of these should be available in common Linux distributions. For example, Debian packages Goocanvas/PyGoocanvas as libgoocanvas3 and python-pygoocanvas.