Gramps 3.3 Wiki Manual
This is the wiki manual for Gramps version 3.3. All users are encouraged to edit this manual to help improve its readability and usability.
|Special copyright notice: All edits to this page need to be under two different copyright licenses:
These licenses allow the Gramps project to maximally use this wiki manual as free content in future Gramps versions. If you do not agree with this dual license, then do not edit this page. You may only link to other pages within the wiki which fall only under the GFDL license via external links (using the syntax: [http://www.gramps-project.org/...]), not via internal links.
This page's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. Please help improve the Gramps Wiki as a useful resource by updating it.
The Gramps Manual details all aspects of the Gramps software application.
Table of Contents
- What's new?
- Getting started
- Main Window
- Manage Family Trees
- Starting a new Family Tree
- Opening a Family Tree
- Opening a GEDCOM or XML database
- Deleting a Family Tree
- Renaming a Family Tree
- Backing up a Family Tree
- Archiving a Family Tree
- Extracting a Family Tree Archive
- Unlocking a Family Tree
- Repairing a damaged Family Tree
- Saving changes to your Family Tree
- Importing data
- Exporting data
- Moving a Gramps 2.2 databases to Gramps 3.x
- Entering and editing data: brief
- Entering and editing data: detailed
- Plugin Manager
- Graphical Reports
- Text Reports
- Web Pages
- Analysis and Exploration
- Database Processing
- Database Repair
- see also Tagging
- Appendix A: Frequently Asked Questions
- Appendix B: Keybindings reference
- Appendix C: Command line reference
- Appendix D: About Gramps