Gramps 3.2 Wiki Manual - Reports - part 2
This sections describes the substitution values that can be used in the different reports available in GRAMPS.
|Special copyright notice: All edits to this page need to be under two different copyright licenses:
These licenses allow the Gramps project to maximally use this wiki manual as free content in future Gramps versions. If you do not agree with this dual license, then do not edit this page. You may only link to other pages within the wiki which fall only under the GFDL license via external links (using the syntax: [http://www.gramps-project.org/...]), not via internal links.
Back to Index of Reports.
Many of the graphical reports allow you to customize the information on the display. Variable substitution is used to substitute date for a particular symbol. There are two styles of variables. The difference between the two styles is how empty data is handled.
- The first style of variables are preceded by a $. The line is printed and the variable is printed as found in your family tree.
- Example: 'Born: $b' will show as 'Born: 2001' if a birth date is found, and 'Born: ', if no date is found
- The second style of variables are preceded by a %. If the variable evaluates to an empty string, the entire line that contains the variable is removed from the output!
- Example: '$n - Born: %b' will show as 'John Doe - Born: 2001' if a birth date is found, whereas the line will not be present if no date is found
Overview of the different substitution keys
- Displays the person's name in the form of FirstName LastName
- Displays the person's name in the form of LastName, FirstName
- Displays the GRAMPS ID associated with the person.
- Displays the person's date of birth
- Displays the person's place of birth
- Displays the person's date of death
- Displays the person's place of death
- Displays the name of the person's preferred spouse in the form of FirstName LastName
- Displays the name of the person's preferred spouse in the form of LastName, FirstName.
- Displays the marriage date of the person and the preferred spouse.
- Displays the place associated with the marriage of the person and the preferred spouse.
Two new variables are defined (for trunk only):
- Displays the person's name by using Gramps preferred name display
- Displays the spouse's name by using Gramps preferred name display
New for Gramps 3.3
Two modifiers have been defined for Gramps version 3.3:
- If the character C is appended to variables n, N, s or S the surname will be capitalized.
- If the character y is appended to variables b, d or m the date will be displayed as year only.
Substitution values can be combined:e.g. $n $i $b $B $d $D
this will give a lot of information in the displayed boxes.
Back to Index of Reports.