GEPS 045: Place Model Enhancements - Place Changes Screenshots
Expanded Place Type Menu
By default the standard Gramps place types are shown in a single level menu.
- Country *
- Province *
- Region *
- State *
- Department *
- District *
- County *
- Parish *
- City *
- Municipality *
- Borough *
- Building *
- Farm *
- Hamlet *
- Locality *
- Neighborhood *
- Town *
- Village *
When additional types are added via GetGOV or manually, they are added to sub-menus, identified by their place groups. For example the second screen grab shows several new types in the Countries group.
Enhanced Place Format Editor
These now support:
- multiple place formats (like before)
- each format supports a hierarchy type Hierarchy and Language, and allows display order reversal Reverse Display Order.
- each format can have multiple rules, which can be added, removed and reordered (order is executed top to bottom)
- each rule can apply to all places, or just one place (useful for country specific rules). Where field allows the user to restrict the formatting to a given part of the place hierarchy.
- each rule can apply to a place Group, Type, or the street/number (What)
- For Group rules, you can select the Group from the standard and custom groups
- for Type rules, you can select the Type from the standard and custom types
- for the Group or Type rules, you can choose to display All, largest, or smallest of matching types, or hide them.
- for the Group or Type rules, you can choose to show an abbreviation from the abbreviation types, or the first available abbreviation type, or None (which shows the associated name, instead of the abbreviation).
- for street/number rules you can choose to display street/number, number/street, or Hidden
- The Place Formats are stored in the db NOT in a system wide file, so only applies to the current tree. This is due to potential references to specific places or customized types or groups which may not be present in other trees.
Place Name and Abbreviation Editors