GEPS 039: Genealogical symbols in gramps
This feature was added to Gramps 5.1.x
The purpose of this GEPS is to explore the possibilty to use all the genealogy symbols in gramps
Currently, depending on Operating Systems and the installation methods, we are not always aware of all problems we can get.
- Users ask for symbols (several issues)
- Users see some ugly or missing characters instead of the good one. (several issues)
- Users can see a box with 2 or more characters. what does that mean ?
- What happens if the system doesn't have font to see these characters ?
- Can we use a specific font for all the Gramps widgets ?
- 9098: Gramps should be able to use genealogy symbols everywhere.