Gramps 3.0.4 ("All the children sing") released.
2008.12.06 This release contains the following:
- Translation updates for ca, de, fr, it, lt, nb, nl, nn, pl, ru, sv
- Bug fix #2504: sorting issues with non-English languages
- Bug fix #2509: filter string match with non-ASCII characters
- Bug fix #2483: DbError handling
- Bug fix #2486: drag-and-drop workaround
- Bug fix dealing with importing notes from csv
- Bug fix #1601: import open error
- Bug fix #2518, #2529, and various other fixes for shortcut key confusion
- Bug fix #2483, 2520, 2524: change in bdb attributes and methods
- Bug fix #2512: python 2.6 support
- Bug fix #2485: cannot create new family tree
- Bug fix #2507: unhandled exception when pasting invalid string
- Bug fix #2503: change to use of md5 module
- Bug fix to .desktop file
Gramps 3.0.3 ("I have this terrible feeling of déjà vu") released.
2008.10.19 This release contains the following:
The primary reason for the 3.0.3 release is to fix the Graphviz report hang issue introduced in 3.0.2.
- Fix to prevent GRAMPS from hanging when running Graphviz reports
- New translation: Catalan (ca)
- Translation updates for de, fr, it, nb, nl, no, ru
- Clean up references to gconf
- Fixes for linking to the wiki manual
- Small fixes in grampsxml DTD
Gramps 3.0.2 ("You look like a milkman to me") released.
2008.09.27 This release contains many bug fixes.
- Translation updates for de, fr, hr, nl, no, pl, ru, sv
- Many bug fixes (see ChangeLog for full list)
- Several fixes backported from trunk
- Many fixes to report plugins
- Windows-specific fix for RCS
- GEDCOM fix for ADDR
- Fix for media with non-ASCII characters in filename
- Fixes to Gramplets
Linux Genealogy CD 4.0
2008.06.26 The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the new release of the Linux Genealogy CD 4.0. This Live CD is based on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) Desktop CD and, in addition to the regular Hardy, features pre-installed GRAMPS 3.0.1, GeneWeb, and LifeLines applications, as well as GraphViz program to draw pretty graphs in GRAMPS.
With this disc, you can boot and run Linux
genealogical (and other) software without touching anything
on the hard drive.
In addition to the Live Session, this disk also allows permanent
installation of Linux and genealogical software on your computer's hard
Download and details: see Linux Genealogy CD
Gramps 3.0.1 (Don't call me "Señor!") released.
2008.05.17 This release contains many bug fixes and updates!
A big "thank you!" to everyone who helped make this happen!
- Translation updates for de, es, fi, fr, hr, lt, nb, nl, pl, sk, and sv!
- Bug fixes for the book report!
- Various improvements for the Relationship, Familylines and Hourglass graphs!
- Improvements to the narrative web report!
- Many miscellaneous bug fixes!
- See ChangeLog for full list of changes!
Gramps 3.0.0 ("It was just getting interesting.") released.
2008.03.24 This release contains many new features and updates, among which:
- New database format: family trees (grdb format deprecated, only for import)
- New Family Tree manager, allowing create, deletion, renaming, repair and revision control. Only Family Trees can be edited, all other supported formats must be imported.
- Notes as separate objects, see all your notes in the NoteView
- Objects can have multiple notes.
- Gramplets: small genealogy applications within GRAMPS
- Quick Reports: small reports accessible from the views
- Reports: new reports and report improvements, among which improved and restyled narrated web report and family lines
- Rewrite of the GEDCOM parser
- Filtered export to all export formats
- New artwork based on the Tango guidelines
- LDS temple definitions moved to supporting file
- Export views to a spreadsheet
- A wiki manual
- Many, many, many other great and small improvements (new export assistant, no more gconf, new filters, ...)
Gramps 2.2.10 ("Lemon Curry?") released.
2008.01.13 This release consists primarily of bug fixes and translation updates.
Version 2.2.10 -- the "Lemon Curry?" release:
- fixes for several database corruption issues and crashes (Benny, Gary, Jim)
- fixes for Gedcom, ANSEL and XML import/export issues (Jim, Benny)
- translation updates (various: bg, de, fi, fr, lt, nb, nl, no)
- various small fixes to several reports (Stéphane, Gary, Benny)
Linux Genealogy CD 3.0
The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the new release of the Linux Genealogy CD 3.0. This disk is based on Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) and features GRAMPS 2.2.7, as well as other genealogy software: GeneWeb and LifeLines. The disk can be used both as a Live Session CD, and as the installation disk to install Ubuntu and genealogy software permanently on your hard drive (if you so wish).
Download and details: see Linux Genealogy CD