This is a Third-party plugin. Please treat this as "beta" software: use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author.
The Family Tree report starts with a center family and can print both ancestors (to the left) and descendants (to the right).
There are a number of differences to the standard ancestor and descendant reports:
- Both ancestors and descendants are combined in a single report
- The report is colored, with various coloring options
- The whole report is centered on the page, the boxes are also aligned in a more centered than top-aligned way
- Marriage and divorce information is included
- The names are printed in a bigger font than the dates and places (birth date, death date, etc)
- This report has options to use the call name instead of the first name, or to underline the call name (only works with PDF output)
- This report has options to print occupation and residence
- There are 3 predefined ways of formatting the birth/death/marriage/divorce data: year only, full date, or full date and place
- This report makes better use of the available space for printing ancestors
- On the ancestors side, father and mother are combined in a box
- On the descendants side, spouses are included
- The report uses <u>...</u> to underline the call name if the call name is a part of the first name. This only works with CairoDoc based output (direct printing, PDF export) and HTML output.
- Printing on more than one page doesn't work, you usually want to use the "scale to fit on a single page" option.
You can download this plugin by following the directions at Plugins3.3.
- Addon:DescendantsLines - generates vertical orthogonal graphical trees.