Custom Event Types
These are example custom types for Events that are currently used by some users to supplement the built-in Event types.
Adding a new custom type is simple. Just type in a new identifier into the Event type: box instead of selecting a Type from the pop-up menu. If the text doesn't exactly match an existing Type (including capitalization), then a custom Type is created. Use the Types Cleanup Tool (third party addon) to Rename (which can also merge) or delete (remove) a Custom Type.
Because the reporting features that analyze data won't have the awareness of how to categorize such custom additions, they are not necessarily recommended nor an indicator of future features.
Some users have found some custom types to be useful starting points for tracking their particular interests. Custom reports can be created as addons by anyone with basic Python scripting skills.
Custom Types in a Tree may be managed (listed, merged or removed) with the Types Cleanup Tool addon. They may be reassigned with the Rename Events Types tool.
- Name Change
- Transition (Sex change)
- Cenotaph - memorial marker when remains are interred elsewhere
- Civil Lawsuit
- Civil Appeal
- Court Case
- Criminal Appeal
- Declaration of Intention (First Papers in the naturalization process in the US)
- Draft Registration (US only? Selective Service is a lottery based system. Universal Service is conscription of all eligible residents. aka Impressment/crimping if forcible conscription.)
- Partisan service
- Disciplinary Action
Travel other than Immigration and Emigration.
- Port of Call
- Voluntary Work
- Award (Prize, honor, decoration etc...)
- Publication (Publication of a book, article, academic paper etc...)
- Yahrzeit (Hebrew calendar anniversary of death)
- Family Gathering
- Wedding Dinner
- Membership (of a club, society, organization etc...)
- Events in Gramps
- Types Cleanup Tool (third party addon)