This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Clipboard Gramplet provides an easy way to create collections of objects which are persistent over time.
You can select multiple items from any of the list views (except currently Family) and drag and drop them onto the Clipboard Gramplet.
To delete entries, select them and press the delete key.
Double-click selections to bring up the object editor.
Select one (or more) items, and then right-click gives the following popup menu options:
- See Item details - will show the first selected item in an editor
- Make Item active - will make the first selected item active in the item view
- Create Filter from selected Items - will turn all of the selected items (which are of the same type as the first selected item) into a filter
Clipboards will remain persistent between sessions, and you can mix items from different databases. However, you can't currently drag and drop items from one database into another.
You can sort the columns (type, title, and value) of the gramplet.
Clicking on the title of the gramplet allows you to rename the frame.
You can watch the Clipboard Gramplet in action.
- grey out unavailable rows, rather than removing text ???
- enable search (add to ScratchPad) ???
- allow control+c to copy items to the clipboard ???
- help button links to wrong page (non existent section): eg: https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_Gramplets#Clipboard_Gramplet instead of this page
- Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_Navigation#Using_the_Clipboard - The built in Clipboard whose storage is persistent only within a single Gramps session. Closing the window will not lose the stored records. However, exiting Gramps will.