This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Thumbnail Generator Tool regenerates thumbnails for media attached to objects.
The thumbnail images are fetched from the Operating System. So, if your OS does not have an application associated with the file/MIME type of the media, or if that application does not generate thumbnails from the content, then then that media object will only be given a generic thumbnail.
Once this addon has been installed:
- Select Menu Tools > Utilities -> Thumbnail Generator Tool...
There is no confirmation bailout
Despite the horizontal ellipsis ("…") at the end of this menu selection, no additional dialog appears before the action begins
The thumbnails will be regenerated in five passes:
- Generating thumbnails for person references
- Generating thumbnails for family references
- Generating thumbnails for event references
- Generating thumbnails for place references
- Generating thumbnails for source references
- Avatar Generator tool
- Feature Request 9902: [Thumbnail Generator] does not delete old Thumbnails when run [Add option to delete old Thumbnails]
- Feature Request 8161: Gallery does not generate thumbnails of PDF files.
- Feature Request 7390: Gallery tab of Source view does not display .ods files
- Feature Request 6183: GraphView docgen: JPG/PNG thumbnails not within the graph nodes at large DPI
- Feature Request 4120: To remove last [GNOME] GCONF references? (function attempts to generate a thumbnail image for a non-image)
- Gramps 2.0.7 release notes: Thumbnail generation support described with "evince" installed, thumbnails for PDF files; "totem" installed, thumbnails for video files
- ThumbnailGenerator.addon.tgz download page on GitHub
- Gramps Help Discourse forum discussion: Has anybody used the Thumbnail Generator tool?