This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
Internet Access required
The Gramplet reads the wiki HeadlineNews page once every hour.
The Headline News gramplet reads the wiki HeadlineNews page once every hour. The links from the wiki will appear in the gramplet and clicking them will open the associated webpage in a browser. The Gramplet will get data from:
- Gramps Wiki Headline News
- Gramps Blog comments
- Gramps Blog posts
- Gramps Wiki changes
- Gramps Bugtracker Issues
- Gramps Git commits
Because the Headline News Gramplet gets its information from the Gramps wiki (at http://gramps-project.org) and other places you need to have a internet connection for this to work. If you don't have an internet connection, then the Headline News Gramplet won't show any information.
When you do have an internet connection, the Headline News Gramplet will show you the latest headline news about Gramps.
- For Gramps 4.2+: teach addon how to parse github feed
- Dialog box does not expand correctly
- Gramps Bugs - RSS - does not work - "Permission denied" ( 8873 : the RSS feed from Mantis is empty, most probably because the current Mantis config does not allow anonymous access. )
- Possible Enhancement: In a future Headline News Gramplet version, you'll be able to add your own URLs, edit those that are there, and reorder them. ???