This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The DNA Gramplet shows a DNA segment map as a graph.
You can install the DNA Gramplet on the bottombar of one of the people category list views.
Create a DNA Association
To specify shared DNA segments between 2 people,
- Create an Association for one person (Person A) with another Person (Person B) of the type DNA.
- Create a Note in the Association of Type: "Association Note" with the shared DNA segment data.
- The format of the Note is a comma separated list in the order: Chromosome Number, Start Segment, End Segment, flag for maternal/paternal side, shared length in cMs.
|Flag for maternal/paternal side||Description|
Sites like GEDmatch make this shared chromosome data available. There can be additional Associations between Person A and Person C et cetera as known. To reproduce the illustration with the example.gramps dataset, create two Associations of type DNA for Luther Robinson. The first is DNA Association for Robert F. Garner.
3,56950055,64247327,M,10.9 9,23087926,31116823,M,10.2 9,74923489,107731789,M,40.0 11,25878681,35508918,M,9.9 12,129481599,133491098,M,12.4 15,35444614,64710827,M,33.3 1,48053426,68837810,M,24.6 1,72956037,87857969,M,13.4 3,69656569,74563488,M,9.0 6,6179882,15400114,M,18.5
The second is for the DNA Association of Maude Garner.
1,30578594,38686908,M,11.2 1,236520701,249210707,M,29.7 3,14446545,24339734,M,12.3 3,128688499,140766208,M,11.4 4,76585823,114118650,M,33.7 4,163973796,190915650,M,49.1 6,4737179,9181572,M,10.3 6,39128976,49586285,M,15.8 6,150564916,156389148,M,10.2 7,18915133,37547290,M,25.8 7,93557588,116296896,M,20.2 7,141636563,156148608,M,30.9 8,2808265,6919748,M,10.7 8,12568161,42652859,M,38.7 8,49039681,71454529,M,20.3 8,71990280,99554231,M,21.9 9,78958599,122204804,M,55.7 10,5608202,10769007,M,10.4 10,19365648,38434090,M,19.6 11,26722523,37020611,M,11.8 12,66412457,94422155,M,24.4 13,19234747,23899627,M,8.7 13,74422984,91183468,M,14.2 14,23902753,33048583,M,15.5 14,88816167,106020366,M,37.8 15,23727655,27246462,M,8.2 16,22836249,32137965,M,12.6 16,46644903,54620503,M,11.7 17,13905,6613192,M,18.9 17,25567080,44187492,M,19.7 17,44790203,72115774,M,39.7 18,18714991,47726830,M,27.9 18,69454453,77894844,M,23.5 19,1993444,11174625,M,28.1 19,54545531,59087479,M,12.7 20,9879166,26225145,M,24.3 20,30221104,43975451,M,13.5 21,14670124,18743733,M,10.8
Create an Association of type DNA as described in the Association page to Person A. Add a Note with the DNA shared segment data.
Save the Association.
Add more associations as known. Each would be associated to a different person and have a different Note.
Add the DNA gramplet to the Person view. Select the DNA tab. The segment map will be color coded by associated person. The P side is the top portion and the M side is the bottom portion for each chromosome. If the segment side is unknown, the segment will cover both the top and bottom portions of the chromosome and be 50% transparent.
Hovering the cursor over a known segment will pop up the name of the associated person and the length (in cMs) of the shared segment.
- If the Chromosome Number is not in the range (1, 2, ..., 22, X) it is ignored.
- If there is a Most Recent Common Ancestor (MRCA), that relationship is used instead of the maternal/paternal flag. If the MRCA is thru the maternal side, then M is used independent of what is in the data file. If there are multiple paths to a common ancestor, the closest found is used.
- To create a segment map for Person A, you need to add associations to Person A. There is no reciprocal relationship for Person B - that is, there is no segment map for Person B, only for Person A. You can execute the Addon:SyncAssociation addon to create any missing reciprocal relationships.
- Color code for each associated person in the map is consistent but not user-specified. The first Association will always be the same color.
- Help link goes to https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_5.1_Wiki_Manual_-_Gramplets#DNA
- Source code - Unlisted Gramplet you need to manually download and install ( include_in_listing = False ) https://github.com/gramps-project/addons/raw/master/gramps51/download/DNA.addon.tgz
- If there are overlapping segments within a maternal/paternal view of a chromosome, only the front (last drawn) will be pickable. If it is completely obscured, you will not be able to see the details of the hidden segment.
- Addon:SyncAssociation - For every Association, if there is not a reciprocal Association it is created. That is, if there is a DNA Association with a Note for A to B, then if there is not a DNA Association with B to A, it will be created with the Note.
- Roles, Relationships & Associations