Gramps 3.0.0 ("It was just getting interesting.") released.
2008.03.24 This release contains many new features and updates, among which:
- New database format: family trees (grdb format deprecated, only for import)
- New Family Tree manager, allowing create, deletion, renaming, repair and revision control. Only Family Trees can be edited, all other supported formats must be imported.
- Notes as separate objects, see all your notes in the NoteView
- Objects can have multiple notes.
- Gramplets: small genealogy applications within GRAMPS
- Quick Reports: small reports accessible from the views
- Reports: new reports and report improvements, among which improved and restyled narrated web report and family lines
- Rewrite of the GEDCOM parser
- Filtered export to all export formats
- New artwork based on the Tango guidelines
- LDS temple definitions moved to supporting file
- Export views to a spreadsheet
- A wiki manual
- Many, many, many other great and small improvements (new export assistant, no more gconf, new filters, ...)