The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the 1.1.95 (the "When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled") release. This release marks the feature freeze leading to the upcoming 2.0.0 release.
The code and database format for the unstable release are now stable enough for the average user. The database format is now frozen, and any changes are and will be accompanied by automatic upgrades. No new features will be added until 2.0.0, only the bug fixes will be made.
There are some limitations that will be resolved before the 2.0.0 release, including updated translations and manual and updated reports.
Changes from the 1.1.90 release:
Version 1.1.95 -- the "When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled" release
- Explicit format selection in Save As, Open, and Import dialogs.
- New ScratchPad feature allows you copy frequently used items to a scratchpad, allowing easy reuse.
- New filtering enhancements.
- Merge tool overhaul. Merge is not dropping any data now, erring on the safe side and possibly duplicating information.
- Import/export for vCard/vCalendar.
- Cleanup of core classes.
- Signals are now used for notifying interface about data changes.
- Installation improvements. Non-root install is possible with special options.
- Interface improvements.
- Performance improvements.
- Bug fixes.