GRAMPS 1.1.2 has been released. This is the latest release in the unstable, development branch of GRAMPS. This is a preview release, and
should not be used for everyday use.
GRAMPS 1.1.2 is now written completely in Python, so it is platform independent. An RPM for Fedora Core 3 is available for download, as is
a .deb file for Ubuntu (should not be used for normal Debian). This is my first attempt to build a .deb file, so I would appreciate any
feedback (Thanks to Jay Treacy for helping me to build this file).
This release requires GNOME 2.8, pygtk 2.4 and gnome-python 2.6.
Version 1.1.2 -- the "Confuse-a-cat" release
- Recent files support (both GNOME- and Gramps-wide).
- Key/value pairs for the Source objects.
- New plugin to fix capitalization of surnames.
- Plugin load/reload/status fixes.
- DnD reordering for spouses.
- Multiple GEDCOM parsing improvements.
- Date and Place available for Media objects.
- Proper thumbnail handling.
- Handling of BC/BCE in dates.
- Correct use of language variables in OOo (Julio Sanchez).
- Collection of Tips of the Day (Frederick Noronha).
- Name handling enhancements: patronymic and grouping.
- Localized Date parsing/display for Russian and French.
- Numerous bug fixes.