GRAMPS 0.9.1 has been released.
This version requires GNOME 2.0 or greater. If your system is running GNOME 1.4 or earlier, you should use 0.8.1. This version is known to work on RedHat 8.0, RedHat 9, Debian (sid), and Mandrake 9.1. It should also work under Gentoo, or any system that provides the GNOME 2 interface and the GNOME 2 python libraries (which unfortunately excludes Mandrake 9.0 unless you've compiled GNOME 2 yourself).
- RedHat - you may need to load gnome-python2-gconf from the RedHat CDs.RedHat may not install this by default
- Mandrake 9.1 - Mandrake does not provide all the GNOME libraries that you need on the CDs, but the needed libraries can be downloaded from ftp://sunsite.uio.no/pub/unix/linux/Mandrake/Mandrake-devel/contrib/RPMS/ You will probably need gnome-python-1.99, gnome-python-bonobo-1.99, gnome-python-canvas-1.99, gnome-python-gconf-1.99, pygtk2.0-1.99, pygtk2.0-libglade-1.99
- Custom paper sizes may be set for reports
- Witnesses may be added to an event. The witnesses do not have to be in the database, in which case only a string for a name is kept.
- Improved interface to be more compliant with GNOME Human Interface Guidelines.
- Added Romanian translation (Radu Bogdan Mare)
- Added Dutch translation (Tino Meinen)
- Displaying of tabbed person list is significantly faster, since the lists are only drawn with they are selected.
- GRAMPS manual has been updated for the GNOME 2 interface (Alex Roitman)
- Patch Names utility allows you to select which names should be modified.
- Find dialog is now working again.
- Example database can be installed and loaded from the help menu.
- The status bar can now optionally show the active person's relationship to the home person (works for English only, since the relationship calculation is region/culture dependent).
- Dozens of bug fixes.
- GZIP compression problem has been resolved. (Alexandre Duret-Lutz)