Gramps 0.4.0 has been released and has some significant changes in it. The list below outlines of the major changes. There have been quite a few contributors to this release. Laurent Protois has contributed a French translation, to go along with the Swedish (from Bo Rosen) and German (from Bernd Schandl). Graham Williams has contributed a XML DTD (document definition) for the gramps file format. Jesper Zedlitz has contributed two plugins - an ancestor counting tool, and a preliminary graphical representation. Several others are working on new reports and plugins which have not be
included yet. Special notice goes to Bob Bartlett for helping to stomp out a lot of bugs. And thanks to all of those on the gramps-devel mailing list who helped with ideas and with the testing of the release. I'm sure I'm forgetting to thank someone, and I apologize for that.
- Redesigned Family page. More complex family relationships can be handled.
- ISO date format supported
- Places are stored in a pulldown menu
- gramps ID can be displayed in many lists
- Multiple selection in Add Children box
- Internal gramps ID now a string instead of an integer
- Double clicking on a name in the Pedegree view brings up the edit box for that person
- Support for same sex parent families has been added
- Complete rework of Edit Person dialog
- Added privacy flag and confidence level to events, attributes, etc.
- Automatically detect gzip'ed XML vs. XML
- Added option to write either gzip'ed XML or straight XML
- Warn on closing the edit person and marriage/relationshp window when modifications have been made.
- French translation
- New plugin from Jesper Zedlitz that implements a graphical representation of the people in the database, allowing you to reposition people according to your own desires.
- XML is indented properly
- XML DTD available