Talk:Improving picture quality
This page should improve
Can somebody clean up this text better using open source software? Let us know!
Idea on readability
The alphabet in this text resembles Sutterlin latin: wikipedia Sütterlin entry. A good idea to know if you are right is hence to type the text, and view it with the free sutterlin font. The result in this case:
The B is wrong, but much of the other letters correspond.
Also, you may use collatinus or his UNO script for OpenOffice, a latin base under GPL licence.
I need help for improving this idea.
- Decompose picture into 3 layers (Image->Mode->Decompose) or (Filters->Colors->Decompose)
- Choose LAB, this will simulate a Neutral Density filter. 'L' for Luminance, 'A' for colors between green and red, 'B' for colors between blue and yellow.
- Go to Dialogs->Layers
- Put layer L at the top and don't allow writing on it
- We may work on Layer B, use some filters for improvement (constrast) and maybe play with blur. Also, using Filters->Colors->Invert value before the first step will improve the result on layer B not layer L ...
- Use Layer->Merge Down or Image->Mode->Compose (LAB)
- Jerome, this looks very promising! bmcage 14:08, 25 April 2007 (EDT)