no edit summary
==GRAMPSin automaattinen lataus ja asennus==
Ennen kuin lataat GRAMPS:in tarkista käyttöjärjestelmäsi.GRAMPS:in eri versioita eri käyttöjärjestelmille löytyy
project/ showfiles.php?group_id=25770&package_id=109309 Sourceforgesta(tästä linkistä)].
Katso käyttöjärjestelmäsi asennus ohjeet:
* Debian based systems (Ubuntu and it's variants, Mepis, Suse...): <code>
If you can't access the current version from your operating system's repositories you'll need to get it from this site. Some helpful users of GRAMPS have made packages for various systems. If you're lucky you'll find your system below. If it's missing you can contact the developers email list for advice.
* '''Ubuntu''' and derivatives (Kubuntu, Mephis, ...): Ubuntu packages are available on [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770 GRAMPS download page].
** (10.04) : [http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/ Stable/3.2.4/gramps_3.2.4-1_ubuntu10.deb/download gramps_3.2.4-1_ubuntu10.deb] ** Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) : download [http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=25770&filename=gramps_3.1.2-1_Ubuntu904.deb gramps_3.1.2-1_Ubuntu904.deb] ** Intrepid Ibex (8.10) : download [http://sourceforge.net/project/ showfiles.php?group_id=25770 gramps_3.1.2-1_Ubuntu810.deb] ** Hardy (8.04) : download [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770 gramps_3.1.1-1_Ubuntu840.deb] ** Gutsy (7.10) : download [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770 gramps_3.0.3-1_Ubuntu710.deb] ** Feisty (7.04) : download [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770 gramps_2.2.10-1_all.deb] and [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770 gramps-help_2.2.10-1_all.deb] , and install with your package manager. Standard you could use the [http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/admin/gdebi gdebi] package. ** Dapper, Edgy and before: 2.2.10 is not available yet, for now download [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770 gramps_2.2.8-1dapper1_all.deb] and [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770 gramps-help_2.2.8-1dapper1_all.deb] , and install with your package manager.
* '''SuSE''': Richard Bos has been providing the GRAMPS releases for SuSE's apt repository. They are available from his [http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/rbos/ ''rbos'' repository]. See also the forum entry about [http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?s=22f80a050a1e3cffffd590db0813dea9&showtopic=28727&pid=152093&st=0&#entry152093 satisfying GRAMPS dependencies for SuSE with the ''rbos'' and SMART].
* '''Mandriva''': Newer versions of GRAMPS are sometimes backported. To install backports you must enable the ''backports'' repository (make sure you understand the instructions on the [http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Docs/Basic_tasks/Installing_and_removing_software#Advanced_use:_Backports_and_candidate_updates Mandriva wiki]). If the latest version is not in the ''backports'' repository you cab try the ''contrib'' repository.
* '''Fedora''': For Fedora Core 6 look on the [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25770 GRAMPS download page] for a package containing ''fc6'' and ending with ''.rpm''. For Fedora 7, ''fc7'' and so on. The alternative to installing from source is to [[
fedora rpm|build a package]] from an rpm spec file, or install a binary from fedora testing.
* '''Debian''': the latest version should be in the ''unstable'' repository ([http://packages.debian.org/sid/gramps Sid Gramps]) and can be upgraded from your package manager. The ''testing'' repository is updated 10 days later (except near a new stable release), see [http://packages.debian.org/lenny/gramps Lenny Gramps].
==Windows, BSD, MacOs, Solaris==
For Windows, there is an experimental [[Windows installer]]. If this installer does not offer the most recent versions of
GRAMPS in Windows, you need to wait until a new installer is made available.For Windows user: See also some additional information on page [[ GRAMPS_and_Windows]].
For MacOSX, both the [http://finkproject.org Fink project] and [http://macports.org MacPorts] have Gramps as a installable package. Fink currently has '''very''' old versions available it in the [http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/gramps# package database]. Detailed instructions on using both these systems to install recent versions of gramps are given under [[Mac_OS_X|Installing from source code on Mac OS X]]
* '''Graphviz''', '''Inkscape''': Gramps can make nice Genealogical trees (relationship graphs). These are generated by the Graphviz package, which defines a code (dot), as well as programs to produce graphs (dotty, to be called from command line). This gives you as researcher most power over how your tree will look, but has a learning curve. An alternative is to make a graphical report, converting the tree to an svg file, which you then can open/edit/refine in eg Inkscape.
* '''ttf-freefont''': Useful as a font that supports a large subset of the unicode and is a true type. This works well with both gnomeprint and graphviz output.
Other packages might also be useful:
2.0 requires python 2. 3 and the gnome-python and pygtk2 packages . The gnome-python module should be 2.6.0 or greater. The pygtk package should be version 2. 5.0 or greater.
Also librsvg2-common is needed. This is a common error at the moment in some packages. Without this library, the icons are not shown.
|Required (needs version 2.
5 or later)
|Required (needs 2.
5.0 or greater) |- |gnome-python |gnome-python |Required (needs 2.6.0 or greater)
|Required for building
|Required for building
Installing on BSD is as straithforward as on linux, apart from some minor issues like tools having different names. See the [[BSD page]] for details.
Installing from source code on Mac OS X === Version 3.0. 1 has been successfully installed via fink , see : [[Mac OS X fink local]]
===Installing from source code on Windows===
Fortunately for users of Microsoft Windows, some users have made a [[Windows installer]]. So far there have not been any reports of serious differences between the official builds of
GRAMPS and the Windows Installer, so the future looks promising. But please, use this at your own risk. The developers of GRAMPS provide the space for this install page, but are not responsible for it.
If the dependencies are in place, the development version can be tested by getting the source (see above), renaming the file const.py.in to const.py, and executing "python gramps.py" from within the src directory. Of course, this is a development version on an unsupported platform, so warnings apply even more to this case than when using the installer. (I have not managed to get a localized build working this way.)