There is no registration required to read this wiki or download and install Gramps. You only need an account to edit this wiki.
Plugin Manager Plugin
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
Warning this Replaces the standard plugin manager.
If you want to return to the original plugin manager, use Plugin Manager Enhanced to uninstall itself, listed as "Plugin Manager Enhanced".
The Plugin Manager Enhanced addon uses the the plugin system to replace the original plugin manager. It installs itself as a "Plugin lib" early in the Gramps startup sequence. It patches itself into the Gramps Help Menu and into the Addons update routine so that any addon update, via its own button, the 'Edit->Preferences' 'Check for updates' button, or automatic update checks as configured on the 'Edit->Preferences'.
Accessed by using the standard menu 'Help->Plugin Manager'.
- Unified view combines Registered and Loaded views with all the available 3rd party plugins in a single view.
- Status column indicates status of Addon, Available, Installed, Built-in, Update Available, and hidden (via strike-through). A Failed addon also adds 'Failed' status in red.
- All of Available, Installed, and Built-in plugins can be hidden from the view, and if installed, hidden from the normal user interface.
- A "Show hidden items" checkbox allows the user to see addons that have been hidden.
- A "Show built-in items" checkbox allows the user to see built-in addons if desired.
- 'Available' and 'Update Available' addons can be installed from Addons pane, the "Install" button becomes active when this is possible.
- Installed addons can be un-installed from Addons pane; the "Uninstall" appears when this is possible.
- Info button provides information on all addon types; includes 'Loaded' and failure type and stack traceback, when applicable.
- In 'debug' mode, the Reload, Load, and Edit buttons appear; load and edit are greyed out when addon is not installed.
- after updates of Views or Gramplets, or uninstalls, the user is reminded to restart Gramps.
- A Check for updated addons button will refresh the list of addons from the Gramps repository on the internet, so that updates and new addons will be listed. The usual Edit/Preferences settings for updates will also refresh the list.
- A Search box is available which will filter the view to only those addons which have a row or filename which include all the search terms.