There is no registration required to read this wiki or download and install Gramps. You only need an account to edit this wiki.
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Import Text Gramplet allows you to paste the content of selected file formats and import directly into Gramps without having data in a file.
- Gramps XML
- CSV (spreadsheet input)
- VCard files - The Vcard import and export currently supports name (FN, N, NICKNAME, SORT-STRING), address (ADR), telephone number (TEL), birthday (BDAY), occupation (ROLE), URL (URL), email address (EMAIL), and gender (GENDER, X-GENDER).
From the Dashboard use the context menu (right-click) to add the Import Text Gramplet.
Import CSV (spreadsheet input)
To import a CSV you could:
- Create a new Family Tree to test the following.
- Add the Import Text Gramplet to your Dashboard.
- Copy the contents of the CSV example from User manual
- Paste the contents directly into the text input area of the Gramplet.
- Then select the Import button only once unless you want the same information imported multiple times.
- Then empty the text input area by selecting the Clear button.
- View the imported results in Gramps
- If you want to reverse the imported result because you made a mistake or pressed the the Import button multiple times you can select Edit > Undo CSV import from the Gramps menu as many times as you need.
- allow import from pasted GEDCOM file 5436