There is no registration required to read this wiki or download and install Gramps. You only need an account to edit this wiki.
Database Differences Report
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Database Differences Report allows a mostly complete comparison between the currently opened database (Family Tree) and a Gramps XML file.
Open the family tree you want to compare then
Select Reports > Text Reports > Database Differences Report... from the menu.
On the Report Options tab select the Family Tree file: to be compared against.
Check or Uncheck the options you want to test for in the report eg: All are checked by default
- [x] Show items that different
- [x] Show items missing from file
- [x] Show items added in file
- 2623: Import Export Merge (GEPS 009) comment: ...A Database Differences Report has been added to gramps35/trunk (marked as 3.5):..One can now see the raw differences between an exported file and the current DB...
- (Gramps-devel)Towards database syncing, From: Doug Blank - 2013-01-13 17:16:25, ...allows a mostly complete comparison between the current database and a Gramps XML file...