There is no registration required to read this wiki or download and install Gramps. You only need an account to edit this wiki.
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Avatar Generator Tool allows you to add and remove one or several images for a selected set of filtered people.
Once this plugin has been installed:
- Select Menu Tools > Family Tree Processing -> Avatar Generator Tool...
Undo history warning
Proceeding with this tool will erase the undo history for this session. In particular, you will not be able to revert the changes made by this tool or any changes made prior to it. If you think you may want to revert running this tool, please stop here and backup your database.
- From the Undo history warning dialogue you can choose Stop or Proceed with the tool.
- The Options tab is displayed with the following:
- Category Filter: single image mode or male/female/unknown
- Unknown Image Selection: image used for all people with option single image mode or people with unknown gender with option male/female/unknown
- Male Image Selection: image for males (only used with option male/female/unknown)
- Female Image Selection: image for females (only used with option male/female/unknown)
- Person Filter: Entire Database(default)
- Filter Person: defaults to the Active Person.
- Remove images from people: False (default)
Once you have made your choices the image or images that should be attached as avatar images, you can either choose Close or Execute to apply the change.
Predefined person filters like 'whole database' or 'ancestors of person X' as well as custom person filters like 'persons with tag Y' are used for filtering. By filtering different person groups or ancestor lines via person filters, it is possible to add different images to different lines of your ancestor tree. Please note that the Avatar Generator Tool only adds images to persons without media references within a selected group of people. Persons who already have media references are ignored.
Furthermore, it is possible to remove images from a group of filtered persons. In order to do so, the Avatar Generator Tool searches through the selected list of filtered people and removes the chosen image or images.